Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

I noticed that too, he doesn't drive like 2010 shumacher normally :lol: . So I would think he loses focus easily if he's not having a good weekend. He could be angry as well and completely out of rhythm.
For Sure!!

seenathkumar

ringo wrote:I noticed that too, he doesn't drive like 2010 shumacher normally :lol: . So I would think he loses focus easily if he's not having a good weekend. He could be angry as well and completely out of rhythm.
Yes it's all about concentration and efforts a microsecond can change the race situation.

Just_a_fan

DaveKillens wrote: Everything I saw on television and via pictures tells me Webber would have made it through that corner.
And everything I saw showed that Webber was never going to get around that corner without hitting Hamilton even if the latter had left two car widths clear inside.

And that's the point - this thread is full of fan-notfan ying-yang rubbish and should, IMHO, be locked.

I would respectfully suggest that a Mod shouldn't be fanning the flames either... :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

raymondu999

Yes ringo it seems like Webber can easily fall "out" of rhythm and not be happy with his car/setup
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

I think on the inside Webber knows he was wrong. Notice in all of his interviews he just says "I hit lewis" then changes the subject when he is asked to go into the details.

Lets hope he falls out of rythm and and his engine blows up in Japan (joke). I have had nothing really against Webber but the 2010 WDC must be the Boss. A win from the Boss in Japan and Webbers engine blowing is just what the messiah ordered! 8) :lol: Sorry Webber fans but your boy has just declared war.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

joking aside, considering the track layout it would be more likely a Red Bull victory. But stranger things have happened in 2010. So yeah :mrgreen:

Actually, going back on topic, I just realized that Vettel didn't nab the fastest lap. Vettel has traditionally loved to nab all the fastest laps, and I'm certain he had the pace to do it over Alonso. But instead he chose to just keep piling pressure, and gunned for the line opportunistically after he went past the final corner as Alonso moved over to celebrate with his traditional pitstraight "weave"

He also didn't bin it, and just kept on pressuring Alonso. All in all looks like he matured quite a bit :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

n smikle wrote:Notice in all of his interviews he just says "I hit lewis" then changes the subject when he is asked to go into the details.
That's being a bit pedantic there. It is a fact that his car connected with Hamiltons. The use of the word "hit" does not confirm any guilt, particularly when the car in front turned in after a possible left rear view mirror failure.

PlatinumZealot

Well, Alonso thought Webber should have braked.. but he didn't say it directly..
Q. If you come in the last few races into a similar situation to what Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber found in Singapore, where you fight side-by-side, do you take risks at all costs or play it safe?

FA: I don't know – it depends on the situation. All situations are unique and difficult to compare to any other one. If you see clearly that you have an advantage into the corner and think you are okay then you go for it. If you are at a disadvantage in that corner then maybe you go off the throttle because you need to finish races. [Mark] Webber was very lucky in Singapore. I saw the picture of the tyre, and that was luck!

It was okay, but 99 per cent of time during incidents like that both cars would be off. And if both cars were off then maybe now there would be different talks the week after – because now it seems that it was bad for Lewis [Hamilton], and if both cars were off then maybe it was not so much on Lewis. I think Hamilton was unlucky in that incident and Mark was lucky, but no-one was at fault.

And Hulkenburg thought the same too..
Q: McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton has been criticised a lot recently for his mistakes. If you take a look at the incidents he was embroiled in at Monza and Singapore, how do you see it?

NH: I would say that he risked a little too much there. The chance to pass Felipe (Massa) may not have been good at that point. So there I would say that it was his mistake. In Singapore I would say that this was an accident, as I think that he gave Mark Webber enough space. He had to take the chance to be in a good position, so it was not a mistake but rather bad luck. These things happen in racing. If two drivers are heading for the same turn and both want to have the best line, then contact might happen. Webber came into the whole situation as he had to pass one of the Virgins, which caused Lewis to be in a good position. He was ahead for a couple of metres, then Mark braked very late so as not to lose his position. Lewis gave him some space, but then they touched. This is what makes racing exciting. For me this was a pure racing accident.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

andartop

n smikle wrote:Well, Alonso thought Webber should have braked.. but he didn't say it directly..
FA: I think Hamilton was unlucky in that incident and Mark was lucky, but no-one was at fault.

And Hulkenburg thought the same too..
NH: For me this was a pure racing accident.
So, you quote two drivers who both really say it was a racing incident and no one was to blame and conclude it was Webber's fault? :wtf:

What else do you people need? Hamilton to admit it was actually his fault?
Oh, check this out: http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/3548 ... ore_crash/

Dead. Horse. Beat. Beat. Beat!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

PlatinumZealot

Webber was the one to blame, but "it's not his fault." I didn't say it was Webber's fault..
It is like "Special" children.. You know Jimmy broke your crystal vase, but "it's not his fault."

Webber made a mistake. That is what Hulkenburg and Alonso are saying. Again it's not his fault he made a mistake, that's just Webber 8) He does that all the time.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Don't worry. it's not his fault. n_smikle made a mistake, but it's not his fault. It's not his fault, that's just n_smikle. He does that all the time.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

LOL.

You know, I almost destroyed my remote because of that incident. It was not easy. Never really felt like watching the race after that but I somehow forced myself to continue watching after a couple minutes. Ironically I began to support Vettel after a while - Whiteblue I know how you feel now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Lol. No offense meant yeah mate. Nothing personal?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

forty-two

Heiki Putting out a fire!

Seriously impressed with his firefighting skills there.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?