Tapatalk

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
The_Man

Tapatalk

I do not know if you moderators know about this service but it seems to be a rather good one. I have been using it on some other forums and it is immensely useful to keep in touch on the move and also other wise.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

What it primarily does is it makes the forum directly available in app form on Android and the iPhone. It is much easier to reply, comment and read on the phone/iPads. It is much less data intensive too compared to the conventional browser.

If it is not to difficult to make this forum Tapatalk compatible I request you do.
Or a similar service would do too.
IIT Bombay Racing
Vehicle Dynamics FSAE 08; FS 09

ecapox

Re: Tapatalk

The_Man wrote:I do not know if you moderators know about this service but it seems to be a rather good one. I have been using it on some other forums and it is immensely useful to keep in touch on the move and also other wise.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

What it primarily does is it makes the forum directly available in app form on Android and the iPhone. It is much easier to reply, comment and read on the phone/iPads. It is much less data intensive too compared to the conventional browser.

If it is not to difficult to make this forum Tapatalk compatible I request you do.
Or a similar service would do too.
x2

gridwalker

If this will make F1T easier to read on my 7" DroidPad then I am all up for it!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

gridwalker

I just installed the app on my tablet and it makes forums much easier to use on a small screen; given the fact that iOS has overtaken linux (my OS of choice) in page impressions on TechCrunch and Android is rapidly catching up, it would make sense to use this plugin on the forum.

My company makes a CMS with an integrated forum and even my MD is contemplating the merits of integrating this functionality!

Mods, take note : mobile browsing is the way forwards!

EDIT :
Having searched for the phrase "formula one", tapatalk brings up one forum and its technical section should have tumbleweed rolling through it ... it looks like you'd have a captive market if you chose to integrate!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

hollus

Sorry to bust the party, but do we really want people posting even more easily from mobiles?
Is it really necessary to post from anywhere? On the go? Faster? Is the forum better the more posts it has? I have the feeling the average post quality has declined somewhat lately. Hell, even I am allowed to post here! ;-)
I know my worse posts were the ones I did not think about before posting or when I did not invest much time cross checking.

But please ignore me, I just have too much time (and keys) on my hands right now.
Rivals, not enemies.