Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

lolzi wrote: So you want to use the F-duct as another "proximity wing". But what I am most interested in is how McLaren's system differs from other F-ducts.
I know I "started it" but this thread is probably not the correct place to discuss the McLaren F-Duct system. Instead, perhaps we can continue here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8028&start=1065
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

ESPImperium

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

forty-two wrote:
lolzi wrote: So you want to use the F-duct as another "proximity wing". But what I am most interested in is how McLaren's system differs from other F-ducts.
I know I "started it" but this thread is probably not the correct place to discuss the McLaren F-Duct system. Instead, perhaps we can continue here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8028&start=1065
Personally, no, that isnt what i ment.

What i ment was to have the F-Duct, but no matter how far behind someone you are, you can use it in a mechanichal form, that dosnt mean the wing used that dmaned proximity technology. So for instance, a driver that is on degrading tyres, that is getting chased down at a normal rate of 0.5seconds a lap from the driver on newer rubber who has also more F-Duct activation laps avalable can chase him down faster and posibly provide more excitment in the final laps of a race and give him a better chance of passing for more points or just a better finish posistion.

That would be my ideal, no matter how far away the driver was from the person in tront, its still avalable, and the technology is developed, and the initial cost has been spent to get the technology from all teams. In the aid of cost cutting and excitement for the fans, im more than happy with the F-Duct system.