[F1T fantasy competition] Suggestions for 2011

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

[F1T fantasy competition] Suggestions for 2011

All,

given the mixed feelings about this year's fantasy league, I'm curious to know what you all think about it, and how you'd improve this. What would be the ideal setup/rules such a league on f1technical in 2011?

Sawtooth-spike

Re: [F1T fantasy competition] Suggestions for 2011

I think the main issue with the last one we used was that unless you picked the right engine early on you might as well give up.

It would be good for value to change through the season as people, engines and cars do better or worse.

You should for example you should be able to pick say alonso with maybe hulk as a team mate. But you have the worst engine and car. Or go mid range across the board. Most of these types of game you can have any of the top items or people but you will have to compromise the rest of your team.

If we were to build one for f1 technical. Would it be worth doing something with pre season testing?

If this was a part of f1t. Would it not bring more users to the website.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

gridwalker

Bonus points for picking a team that introduces innovations that get banned. :twisted:
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

flynfrog

making it easy to access would help too. Something contained on this site.

N12ck

make it free, and it would be better if you could create one on f1 technicals website as another tab!
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

and yes for pre season testing, make it so on each round of testing you can predict which car/team/ driver gets the fastest time, as a separate mini fantasy competition!
Budding F1 Engineer

SiLo

I'm game for this, missed the last one so am looking forward to a little fun!
Felipe Baby!

pob

I like zdkf1, although they haven't setup their website for the new season yet.

Drivers are divided into different classes. You choose drivers for pole and all points paying positions and guess the pole time.

The thing I like about zdkf1 is that there is freedom of choice: you can choose just top teams/drivers, or have a risky strategy of choosing lower rated drivers, and the points system is well balanced enough to make either strategy viable.

ESPImperium

http://www.f1manager.info/ is up and running for the 2011 season. There already is a F1T league set up.

wesley123

I cannot find the league.

But, as the last few years i'm in again, hopefully i do not forget it 9 out of 10 times and do not even check it like i did last years.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bot6

Just joined in. KR Racing. Now we just have to wait for that first race!

ESPImperium

For the F1Technichal league the details are as follows:

League name: F1 Technical
League owner: ted sixtyeight
Password: f1t

Sawtooth-spike

is it just me or is it impossible to have any of the top 3 teams?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Ted68

I'm out but I can suggest SpeedTV's fantasy league. It's better than the one we did last year. And it allows leagues and is free. Players are able to change team stackups race-to-race much easier than the other. Also, unlike our league last year, the game is bug-free.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.