F1 in Schools - VenturiRacing

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
F1VenturiRacing

F1 in Schools - VenturiRacing

Hi,I am the Design Engineer and Manafacturing Engineer of Venturi Racing. We are a team of 5 students from Ireland aiming to win the F1 in Schools championship.

I have found old posts on this website that are very helpful, but im looking for some specific help on our car. My aim is to build a car that breaks the world record. Ill post a few pictures on this form and hopefully someone can give me some good advice on improving our car.

The program involves us designing, making, testing, racing and analysing our car the cars are only 200mm long and have a minimum weight of 55g.
Check out the full rules here.
http://www.f1inschools.ie/resources/R-T ... 0_2011.pdf

I am having difficulty uploading images. Ill try again tomorrow.
Thanks
VenturiRacing

pudin

Re: F1 in Schools - VenturiRacing

All the F1 in schools teams does want to break the world record,but it were difficult than its looks.
About your picture,click the Img button at the top of your text editor and just copy and paste the URL of the picture into the brackets.
I love my mom

F1VenturiRacing

Thanks pubin.
Here are the pictures of the car. If you have any ideas on how to improve it aerodynamiclally let me known. Any advice is appreciated.

Here is the URL to the pictures of our car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56457956@N02/

Thanks
Venturi Racing

Izzy410

Okay so i've seen the design . not bad okay a few things our team learned was that what you have on your car is called a venturi tunnel.

Try looking from the top, the front of the car is wide and narrows down and then at the back it reopens. This MIGHT be a waste of energy as you use energy at first to 'compress' the air and then at the back you just expand it back. i think a straight design could be better.

BUT i said MIGHT because with a venturi tunnel your front pod(the part infront of your front wheel) and rear pod (the part behind of your rear wheel) can have a smaller angle than a straight design. so its a balance between the two. try and experiment which one is better.
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin

You should change the front middle and rear bottom section
For me,the rear you should make it straight because wind didnt actually flow according to the shape of your car.
It just a guess but CFD Analysis should tell you more about the air movement.
Overall quite okay for me.
I love my mom