Mark Webber's shoulder...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
majicmeow

Mark Webber's shoulder...

Just heard on the BBC that Mark raced the final 4 races with a fractured shoulder and didn't even tell Christian Horner! Apparently he spills it in his new book... I think that deserves a read all of a sudden :)

The guy has BALLLLLZZZZ!! More props to Mark after this, WOW!

Gerhard Berger

Re: Mark Webber's shoulder...

He certainly does, I also remember him driving with food poisoning at Fuji 2007 and he was vomitting in his helmet, yet he was still on course for a podium until Vettel took him out.

n_anirudh

Maybe he feared that the team would ground him. he did have a broken shoulder after his Tassie Charity event in 2008.

Typical ozzie spirit. becoming more a fanboy of him lately :)
Last edited by n_anirudh on 07 Dec 2010, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

zmiles2

wow that is awesome to hear, gotta love the heart!
can anyone provide a link for this book? I'd love to make the purchase
Zach Miles- Purdue University
"Who's call was it to bring me in?...Frickin Terrible idea"
-Lewis Hamilton

marcush.

so Vettel beats Webber only when the guy is injoured?
will Mateschitz pay Mark for doing more mountainbike riding?
the story has some comedy in it...even though I feel for Mark but i´d say he should leave it for once and start again after finsishing his F1 ambitions.

n_anirudh

zmiles2 wrote:wow that is awesome to hear, gotta love the heart!
can anyone provide a link for this book? I'd love to make the purchase
http://www.panmacmillanbookshop.com.au/ ... s/viewcart

It costs AUD 40, but on the first day of sale it was AUD 26, and was signed by the man himself

The book has pics of the season from very different angles and short descriptions. A mix between coffee table book and a season review. A very neutral viewpoint to the whole season...good read

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I read this also and am applying a sizeable quantity of sodium chloride.

I want to see x-rays! :lol:

Agenda_Is_Incorrect

Does he say anything about team orders in the book?
marcush. wrote:the story has some comedy in it...even though I feel for Mark but i´d say he should leave it for once and start again after finsishing his F1 ambitions.
I agree. He should avoid those accidents and win a championship. He's being tough but not very smart, unless he doesn't put that much importance to having a title. If that's true, the last races could have been very different and he could be this year's champion.
Last edited by Agenda_Is_Incorrect on 07 Dec 2010, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

ringo

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 07 Dec 2010, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Motivate your posts...
For Sure!!

Giblet

What a subjective and respectful thing to say.

Only fools get paid millions to do what they love in a way that we can only dream of. I don't know the details of how he hurt his shoulder, do you?

Maybe he was just being a fool, and following his trainers instructions, then something happened.

Everyone is an expert on everything it appears, even without knowing the back story.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

segedunum

Well, I take this with more than just a pinch of salt. It sounds like a convenient excuse after the event and after he simply conceded the championship in an unbelievably tame fashion.

If it's true then he's a fool for getting himself injured - again.

spinmastermic

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 07 Dec 2010, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Motivate your posts...

raymondu999

segedunum wrote:Well, I take this with more than just a pinch of salt. It sounds like a convenient excuse after the event and after he simply conceded the championship in an unbelievably tame fashion.
Yes... Nobody heard even a hint of this. And after all is said and done, and he had a very tame last 4 or 5 races to the year (Yes, he got podiums and 2nd places, but he was outclassed in the last 5 races) suddenly it seems that 4 of those last races were because of a mystery accident that nobody has heard of before. I don't think the broken shoulder would be responsible for spinning him out in Korea though.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Giblet wrote:What a subjective and respectful thing to say.

Only fools get paid millions to do what they love in a way that we can only dream of. I don't know the details of how he hurt his shoulder, do you?

Maybe he was just being a fool, and following his trainers instructions, then something happened.

Everyone is an expert on everything it appears, even without knowing the back story.
He is a fool because he knows the risks involved with engaging in other activities such as other bike riding or rallying.
It's the same reason Mclaren don't let their drivers take part in other xtreme sports and racing series.
He was so ashamed that he didn't tell Horner. I don't even think his trainer had anything to do with Mark's folly.
It seemed like Mark was just out for a ride with friends; it wasn't part of any training.

If i were him, I would not do anything to endanger my first chance of winning a championship in 10 years. I would be conscious of what happened the last time i got on a bike; and make a decision not to do anything stupid until the year is through.

Now mark has no WDC, all because of a stupid bike ride.
I pity the fool.
For Sure!!

Formula None

When you carry a chip that big around all the time, you don't get away without shoulder injuries.

And all of you laughed at me when I tried to tell you Webber's shoulder flexed more than regulations allow.

He had the weight of the championship on his shoulders.

Guess he just broke under the pressure.

He is fast, but made of glass. For me, this confirms the rumor that Newey is Webber's father. Goes to show you that FEA (fetal endoskeletal analysis) isn't perfect.

Seriously though, the only part of this that bothers me is that its coming out after the season. Comes across as an excuse.

And I can't believe how all of you are making light of this. Its just like the Bernie thread after he was mugged. I don't find this humerus at all. Hopefully he can rise above all this next season, rotate his cuffs, pull up his sleeves, pull on the balaclavicle and get down to the business of challenging for the championship.