Group Lotus buys Renault F1 Team

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GTO

Re: Renault R31

Carlo's wrote:Renault F1 Team transforms into Lotus Renault GP. However, chassis name will remain as R3X.

It took them over 2 months to design this livery! :-P
Quite boring! Could have made it a lot more energetic. Hope it will look better on the new car.

Martin Keene

GTO wrote:
Carlo's wrote:Renault F1 Team transforms into Lotus Renault GP. However, chassis name will remain as R3X.

It took them over 2 months to design this livery! :-P
Quite boring! Could have made it a lot more energetic. Hope it will look better on the new car.
I reckon that rendering is actually a rendering of next years car.

1) Very tightly packaged side pods, much more so than this year
2) Tiny back end around the gearbox, the shots in Autosport magazine show this better, but it makes the RB6 look flabby
3) Appears to be missing push rods, suggesting pull rods
4) Clear air between lower beam wing and diffuser, suggesting no DD
5) Shark fin stops well short of the rear wing and there is no f-duct

Just me?

GTO

Re: Group Lotus buys Renault F1 Team

I doubt they would reveal their new car design.
Here is the real car photo. It's an R30 with new paint.

Giblet

Teams launch their cars with press and fanfare. They never just slip them out as a CGI.

The render might bot be the R30, but it sure isn't the R31.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

madly

Blackout - where did you get this rendering without Total red areas? Look at the reflections :D Red reflections from black area! A miracle :D !

Blackout

I made it in hurry.

cravenciak

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

wesley123

what an messy factory that is, look how parts just seem to get dumped to the sides of the workspace, not very ideal and certainly not for pics to show off your new 'great' paint job.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Martin Keene

We'll have to wait and see. But the rendering is not the R30, and I'm not sure it is car that has gone before as the packaging of the rear end is just to tight.

If it is the R31, then maytbe it is accidental, it wouldn't be the first time a company has released a computer generated image early.

n_anirudh

Funny seeing the Union Jack on a French car

madly

n_anirudh wrote:Funny seeing the Union Jack on a French car
Renault has no shares at Renault Lotus GP any more. Sad, but it's not a French team...

gridwalker

It is just a reskinning of the same CGI model that they have used for all livery/sponsorship announcements made by the team throughout 2010.

Look at the rear end in this render :

Very tight pacakging, with minimal actual resembalance to the packaging of the actual R30 ... both this render and the "lotus" skinned version are mockups for publicity, but have little other meaning.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

mith

It's photoshopped mix of R29 and R30 with some imagination added.

It's composed of:
- FW from early test version of R30
- RW from R29 & presentation version of R30
- sidepods from R29
- bodywork around rear suspension - pure artwork. There's no exhaust at all! ;)
- nose from R30.

Intego

Maybe they modified the R30 in order to let the teams think they have nothing really new?
No, I think it's one of the first R30 chassis with high exhausts, an early used rear wing, a mid season front wing, and they just took off the DDD.

Mods, can this part of the discussion please be moved to the Renault R31 thread? Thx
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

gibells

madly wrote:
n_anirudh wrote:Funny seeing the Union Jack on a French car
Renault has no shares at Renault Lotus GP any more. Sad, but it's not a French team...
Oi, it was never a French team. Let's get that straight. Same with Mercedes. Same with Red Bull. The Teams are built out of the bricks and mortar that are England, and England have much to be proud of.