Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mith

Re: Renault R31

I have to admit I like the livery, however I'd also be happy if it was possible to rid out of that red. But it wont happen as it's probably Total trademark policy to always show their logo like that.

Oh, and your right with that Ferrari. It was their EBD test, what I saw.

gibells

Is no one else thinking Wolf?

Woof Woof

gridwalker

manchild wrote:Horrible scenery and lightning on original pic though, yellow background and yellow lights on partly yellow-toned car.. what were they thinking?
It is always like that at Autosport International : I went every year when I was a teenager and that is simply what the light quality is like in the Birmingham NEC showrooms ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

forty-two

gridwalker wrote:It is always like that at Autosport International : I went every year when I was a teenager and that is simply what the light quality is like in the Birmingham NEC showrooms ...
+1 I too can vouch for that.

I've been going to a trade show there every year for the last 10 years, and part of what I do is photograph stands. EVERY single photo has that nasty yellow tint which I then have to photoshop out.

I believe it's caused by the nasty high-pressure sodium lanterns that illuminate the place, which is why most half decent stand-builders will give you a roof (albeit usually a cloth one) and provide tungsten or halogen lighting locally.

Nothing much looks nice under the normal light there!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

forty-two

Guys, I think this image is of the forthcoming Lotus 125, not the 2011 Renault car, as per this item: http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157
Lotus Motorsport wrote:The Lotus 125 is an exclusive ultra high performance Formula 1 inspired race car complete with Cosworth 3.5 litre GP V8 engine producing 640bhp linked to a six speed semi-automatic gearbox with paddle shift.
So perhaps the livery is still to be decided after all?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

gridwalker

Sorry mate, but this is the 125 :

There are some quite significant differences there ... the picture you posted is nothing more than a repainted 2010 Renault.

(edited WAY after originally posting, as I realised I was referring to the wrong member)
Last edited by gridwalker on 18 Jan 2011, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

adrianjordan

mith wrote:I have to admit I like the livery, however I'd also be happy if it was possible to rid out of that red. But it wont happen as it's probably Total trademark policy to always show their logo like that.
Unless it's specific to the Renault deal it isn't, because they're not red on the Red Bulls...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Pandamasque

Where's Lada? We need some more stickers to make it Renault Lotus Lada. They could add Nissan as well. And Infinity.

H.Lyoud

There wont be an Lada on R31, instead of that there will be another Russian company (damn, forgot the name)

H.Lyoud

James Allison about R31
anyone who follows the sport will have seen the words like agressive and brave are being bandied around across several of the teams, I believe we have chosen a direction that is really, on the brave end of brave

rsist

H.Lyoud wrote:James Allison about R31
anyone who follows the sport will have seen the words like agressive and brave are being bandied around across several of the teams, I believe we have chosen a direction that is really, on the brave end of brave
Now that is what i wanted to hear, I hoped they would go agressive with the design and explore every possible loophole there is because nowadays this is how champioships are won! Go james, do your thing!!

mith

Yeah, I'd also love to see something radical, innovative and fast as hell. Regardless all that mess with their name, colour scheme and sponsorship, I'm still Kubica's fan.

Carlo's

Boullier revealed that KERS may not be fitted at first test:
http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1n ... llier.html

mith

As long as it's for test, I'm not worried. In fact it might be good decision from strategic point of view. First test the base and then fussy add-ons ;)

marcush.

apart from Sauber and partly RedBull

a lot of teams have now announced to come up with agressive,different ,interesting or radical concepts..let´s see if this translates to visible variety on the grid as well..