Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f136

Red Bull RB7 Renault

http://www.f1technical.net/news/15854

2010 World Champions Red Bull Racing have confirmed that their title-defending car, the RB7, will be make public at Valencia’s Ricardo Tormo circuit shortly before the start of pre-season testing on Tuesday 1 February.

Retaining its winning driver coupling of Mark Webber and drivers’ Champion Sebastian Vettel, the new car has once again been designed by Adrian Newey and will, for the fifth consecutive season, be powered by a Renault engine.

The 8:30am (GMT +1) launch will precede testing action, with the Milton Keynes team electing to run its new car at the first test for the first time since 2008.
Last edited by Steven on 25 Jan 2011, 21:14, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: removed launch date from title to make it the official car thread. and replaced link with ours

jasonrobert

Re: Red Bull RB7

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satelli ... fmodpos=A1

this is possibly the rb7 front wing under a cover. possibly.

cravenciak

jasonrobert wrote:http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satelli ... fmodpos=A1

this is possibly the rb7 front wing under a cover. possibly.

Looks like TF110..

adrianjordan

But isn't that taken in a pit garage?

Seems more likely it's just a stock photo taken at a GP in 2010 and just plucked out for that article...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

N12ck

i think that photo is from the red bull tech centre
Budding F1 Engineer

Richied76

Its either a stok photo or a build bay. i know they have the same graphics on the floor in the factory. I just dont expect them to have it all 100% built as of yet. usually the program is that tight that the day its built...th next its boxed up and off for shakedown

Raptor22

if thats the RB7 underthe covers thenit has a lower nose than RB6..

Its not unusual for an F1 team to have its car assembled in earky January.
Ithelps the mechanics become acquainted with the car long before the first test. On day oneof testingthey can assemble it with theireyes closed.

Leaving the first built to the day before the strat f testing is asking for trouble.

forty-two

I would say that the image in question has been HEAVILY manipulated in Photoshop. The contrast is too high, some artificial blur has been added in places hinting that something has been "healing brushed" out.

It's likely that what we're seeing there is a manipulated image, of some cardboard boxes under a tarp.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

gridwalker

Agreed : it looks like they weren't even trying to hide the photobodge in that pic ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

adrianjordan

gridwalker wrote:Agreed : it looks like they weren't even trying to hide the photobodge in that pic ...
Just looked at it again and I don't even think the "car under tarp" was even really in that garage when the photo was taken - the perspective looks off. I think the whole thing is a photoslop composite...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

volarchico

Crazy that this is all the discussion we have for the new RB! Only 1.5 weeks left until we see it officially, and not hardly a peep from anyone about the new car from last year's world champions.

forty-two

Thought I'd link to the image in the thread for people who can't be bothered to click the link above.

While doing so, I noticed that the image is labelled Reveal.Jpg? Could this be a clue to their future intentions of revealing the new car perhaps?

forty-two

adrianjordan wrote:
gridwalker wrote:Agreed : it looks like they weren't even trying to hide the photobodge in that pic ...
Just looked at it again and I don't even think the "car under tarp" was even really in that garage when the photo was taken - the perspective looks off. I think the whole thing is a photoslop composite...
+1

Thinking about it, the text which appears on the floor in front of the "car" is curved, but I don't remember it being curved at any of the garages during 2010. I think this text too has been rather hastily stuck onto the image, by someone who doesn't understand perspective!

wesley123

Well it is photoshop, if you look you will see that in that position the car will have to go through the shelves which are on the legt corner on the screen. Als the black one is offset to the white one with the floor being bent pretty badly if we take both shelves position.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Formula None

volarchico wrote:Crazy that this is all the discussion we have for the new RB! Only 1.5 weeks left until we see it officially, and not hardly a peep from anyone about the new car from last year's world champions.
Let's keep it that way. No need to turn it into a McLaren thread. When some decent images surface, some discussion worth reading might actually occur. I hope we can all agree on this and not go all CSI on a photo of a tarpaulin.