Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Renault R31

It seems so after comparing the 2.
I can't wait to see the interpretation of "brave end of brave", sounds like something blatantly and unapologetically illegal.
The F duct holes look like a start.
For Sure!!

timbo

scarbs wrote:I agree the latop screen looks like something off Star Trek, but it is in fact the R30 in LRGP colours, the red blobs being the frotn and rear wing endplates...
What do you think about additional inlets on the airbox?

PlatinumZealot

madly wrote:Image

Link to high res: http://a.yfrog.com/img615/9379/3zhg.jpg
Looks loud.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

timbo wrote:
scarbs wrote:I agree the latop screen looks like something off Star Trek, but it is in fact the R30 in LRGP colours, the red blobs being the frotn and rear wing endplates...
What do you think about additional inlets on the airbox?
Remember williams had them in 2009 as well. Anything that needs a air duct that high and to the back must be some type of cooler assuming it's not some device bordering on legal.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

madly

Let's play with 'Star Trek R30'

versus repainted R30 in LRGP livery. Some graphics noise added (scale up, scale down, blurring, sharpening, hue shift, contrast, levels, gamma, and some other image games).

Obviously there is other viewport. It's rather Start Trek vision IMHO.

It is really silly season if I'm doing such a kind of extrapolations #-o :lol: Only few days left...

ringo

Close up and some gamma correction. It looks like additional airbox inlet. Maybe it's last years cover for photo purpose?

They must have realize that their F duct holes were very efficient, so they reverted it to cooling.
For Sure!!

ESPImperium

ringo wrote:

Close up and some gamma correction. It looks like additional airbox inlet. Maybe it's last years cover for photo purpose?

They must have realize that their F duct holes were very efficient, so they reverted it to cooling.
Im just wondering if they will split the F Duct openings for two things; first, the gearbox radiator as this would mean more air would go to into the airbox; second, the Renault/MagnettiMarenelli KERS system cooling for the second one.

Thus giving the R31 a pretty good overall package for cooling and such.

I think the R31 will have more than a few surprises on it.

mith

That one was a great photo. I think nose is really high compared to head protectors. Or maybe that grey foam is misleading my eyes. Also that F-duct-like inlets are intriguing. I wonder if it's just for cooling or maybe they have big surprise for all of us.

Have you noticed that they've released that photo at the same moment as the second Lotus did? Some little competition there to be your favourite 'open' team? ;)

Blackout

Just to remind you:
The Williams/Ferrari/Mcalren GBox cooling system:

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/14/79/55/26/diapo_10.jpg

And do not forget that the R30 got its Gbox oil radiators placed in the sidepods in order to free space above the GBox and to integrate the DDD easier...

piast9

Donuts wrote:By the way, I've read several teams talking about less downforce this year, but if I remember correctly, Eric Boulllier(I think it was before last season ended) said that the R31 allready had more downforce than the R30.
AFAIR the only team claiming such thing was Lotus. I mean this worse one :) They said that their 2011 car already had more downforce than 2010. Which isn't surprising so much since their car lacked downforce heavily.

madly

mith wrote:Have you noticed that they've released that photo at the same moment as the second Lotus did? Some little competition there to be your favourite 'open' team? ;)
It's a little OT, but yes it's obvious. Both teams have to connect name Lotus with each one. It's just PR. I even expect, that 1Malaysia aka Team Lotus will be surprisingly quick in pre season testing (like BMW Sauber in last year) to attract sponsors. Renault Lotus could do the same to show, who's better. Madness :wtf:

EDIT: Typo.
Last edited by madly on 25 Jan 2011, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

H.Lyoud

Team Lotus will gain max 1-2 secs, that not enough to take over STR, dont even thinking about LRGP thats funny.

Blackout

gerhard

Blackout wrote:Image
Not the bravest F1 car I've seen, so far.

mith

Wind tunnel model. Nice to see it. And we have another prove that the nose is really high. I'm really worried about visibility.