Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

That ass is so skinny.

Looks as if the RB6 has sliped into some really tight shapewear that a woman would wear. The sharkfin it pretty much what Scarabs said it could be on his blog.

bjpower

so when are they releasing the rest of the car :)

Formula None

The pullrods are tiny.

Least restrictive rear again this year?

LoudHoward

Anyone have any thoughts about the black triangular panels on the upper-back of the sidepods? Between the T of the Renault and the R of the Red Bull?

raymondu999

I thought that wasthere on the rb5 and 6 as well
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

creedbratton

LoudHoward wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about the black triangular panels on the upper-back of the sidepods? Between the T of the Renault and the R of the Red Bull?
I'm gonna guess that they are for cooling, depending on where they just replace with gills

mike

LoudHoward wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about the black triangular panels on the upper-back of the sidepods? Between the T of the Renault and the R of the Red Bull?
looks like exhaust outlet to me, maybe they will test EBD vs non EBD

Formula None

That part of the bodywork is in close proximity to the header bundle, so it might just be a more heat resistant paint or material in that area, similar to what Toyota had to do to the TF109 to prevent the paint from discoloring.

RB6 headers relative to exhaust opening:

TF109 w/ local black bodywork:

manchild

That looks strange to me too, having in mind that exhaust is clearly located on surface of the floor. Why the "patches" unless manifold is bent extremely close to the engine cover, so they couldn't use paint in that zone but had to go for heat-resistant cover or material on both sides.

mx_tifoso

I agree with Creedbratton that it's for swapping in the gills when it gets hotter.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

myurr

mx_tifosi wrote:I agree with Creedbratton that it's for swapping in the gills when it gets hotter.
But it doesn't look like there's any screws holding it in place... My vote is for the exhaust being very close to the bodywork in that place before bending down to the floor.

i70q7m7ghw

LOL, this looks exactly like the scarb's drawing from last year, I wouldn't put any bets on Red Bull this year.

vinuneuro

The rear packaging is amazing. Looking at the engine cover compared to other cars makes me wonder if they compromised CoG to achieve it.

creedbratton

myurr wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:I agree with Creedbratton that it's for swapping in the gills when it gets hotter.
But it doesn't look like there's any screws holding it in place... My vote is for the exhaust being very close to the bodywork in that place before bending down to the floor.
If the exhaust is running close to the bodywork there, then what would be the point of putting in insulation? Better just to let the hot air out so it doesn't overheat anything further down.

Raptor22

This is the first car to loose the pullrod completely. So either they are actuating the damper via one to the suspension arms directly or they have built the spring into the carbon fibre wishbones.
Either way, its very trick