Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Raptor22 wrote:This is the first car to loose the pullrod completely. So either they are actuating the damper via one to the suspension arms directly or they have built the spring into the carbon fibre wishbones.
Either way, its very trick
What do you mean lose the pullrod?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Formula None

Pullrod's still there in all its glory. Temperature sensors (?) wrapped over it since it sits in the exhaust stream.

robbertmd

manchild wrote:That looks strange to me too, having in mind that exhaust is clearly located on surface of the floor. Why the "patches" unless manifold is bent extremely close to the engine cover, so they couldn't use paint in that zone but had to go for heat-resistant cover or material on both sides.

Seems correct if you look at the placement of the exhaust (yellow)

Extract from Red Bull press kit

csponton

http://spontoncristiano.wordpress.com/
The long-awaited car designed by Adrian Newey, which will enable the new World Champion, Sebastian Vettel, was presented this morning at the Valencia circuit.
As anticipated, the RB7 is the result of a continuous development of a project that was already second, which allows the stable of "bibitari" to be a point of example for their opponents. As early as 2009 with the RB5 Newey's genius had produced the best car of the lot. We all know why the title has not arrived, and Pilots Builders.
A streamlined level you will immediately notice the high nose with classic V-shaped sloping slightly towards the end with the holders for the front wing slightly curved forward. The front wing is a classic triplane on RB6 used in these undoubtedly will undergo months of testing the changes. The muzzle is slightly flattened at the end and is a clear evolution of that used in the score season. In the front there are large baffles to try to bring together the most air flow possible in the bottom of the car so as to "breathe" in the best way rear diffuser. All this serves to make the car generate a significant load in the rear downforce.
It remained almost unchanged, the air intake of the engine on the roll bar while the bonnet is a fin pop, much smaller than in 2010, to try to clean as much as possible the air flow on the wing back. The air intakes on the sides are very small and square and that part is excavated to provide greater airflow to the rear.
The area has managed to create wonderful Newey is the back. Looking at the photo we see a very tapered rear far less than the RB6.
The rear suspension is still in pull-rod to try to create more space in the rear to get the best speaker and to further lower the center of gravity of the machine that involves a much more balanced and well-balanced car. Note the attachment point of the rear wheels, very moved forward, so you can move the center of mass of the vehicle. The pace of the car seems longer than the previous one, probably because of trying to create more space as possible in the rear.
Discharges, for now, in the same position and have the same shape as those on RB6 and blowing on the rear diffuser.
Also interesting is the new rear wing configuration in 2011 as a technical regulation, the regulatory mechanism seems to be an extension of the fin on the engine hood.
Looking at this new Red Bull RB7 you notice that the engineers and designers have worked a lot in the rear to try to recover the lost downforce load after the demise of the dual speakers.
On KERS still do not have lots of news when it comes to placement of the batteries. We know that the Red Bull Renault will use the same system that is the one supplied by Magneti Marelli.

astracrazy

loving how tiny and tight the sidepods and rear end is

myurr

Has anyone found any good side views of that car? I want to make a comparison shot to some of the others as to me that car looks looooong.

MadMatt

Rear section of the car is ugly looking from that angle. It looks as the rear wheel is at the wrong place, or that there is something missing.

Lurk

myurr wrote:Has anyone found any good side views of that car? I want to make a comparison shot to some of the others as to me that car looks looooong.
The best I can find...
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... studio.jpg

At least we have the RB6 with the pretty same angle....
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 1_FLAT.jpg

myurr

They're not identical angles so it's hard to align and even harder to tell if there's any difference. But here they are side by side:

I think the RB7 is a smidgen longer, and only a smidgen tighter at the rear end. Very clear evolution of last years car.

Richard

Formula None wrote:The pullrods are tiny.
That's because they pull, not push. They are predominatntly in tension so could be as thin as string whereas as push rods are predominantly in compression so they need to be chunkier.

However there will always be some sort of load reversal such as when the wheel leaves the ground and then drops back down. I guess that thin rod will flex under compression in those circumstances.

Lurk

I'm not sure the RB7 pullrod is tinier than the RB6 one.

Don't forget RB6 has a carbon body around it (like any other formula one suspension part). RB7 don't.

RacingManiac

Why is their rear wing adjustment thing so big and bulky anyway.....unless that pod serves a different purpose still...

Florio

I am surprised to still see a semi shark fin.

mith

RacingManiac wrote:Why is their rear wing adjustment thing so big and bulky anyway.....unless that pod serves a different purpose still...
It's sculpted that way to act as an end of shark fin.

raymondu999

Wouldn't that create a situation where the wing would hit the pod though?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法