Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Raptor

Since I just registered, I thought I would rekindle this thread!

I am Raptor from Mumbai, India. Currently in Seattle, US for some work. I have been following this website since a long time (probably since 2003). Never took the pains to register. Just browsing through the forum is a delight for a diehard Formula 1 fan like me. :D But finally I got myself out of the laziness and registered!

I am not that good in the technical aspects of F1, though this site has improved my knowledge a lot over the past few years!

A hardcore Ferrari fan (not a MS fan!). Among drivers, Juan Pablo rules! 8) In this season, I am very impressed by the new kid on the block Nico Rosberg.

Well, thats about me. Time for the Malaysian GP! :D

Oh ... and before I forget ... awesome work Tomba! You have been doing a great job with this website for the past few years. And Principessa too ... in recent times. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Ciro Pabón

Why not?

I am a highway designer. I am older than Manchild which means I was born in the Cretacic Period, almost immediately after Bernie. I have three children and a really (really!) beautiful wife. My daughter Juana is older than some of you. Please, do not come close to her, because I have seen you ... :)

I was born in Spain (go Alonso! go De La Rosa!) but I live in Colombia. I am also a Colombian citizen (go Montoya!) which means I have always a reason to be happy with the results of a race.

I have studied a lot, but mainly highways and systems. I have a master degree on both, but please, do not blame me. I do not recognize authority, only knowledge, of course, being a really well trained engineer. :wink:

I have designed a lot of things, mainly roads, but also systems, and above all, systems for roads. I even worked as a MIS Chief in our national highway agency... I worked for the FHWA in USA for a while, but I did not like the American way. ;) I am the soul and guts of my not-so-small-and-growing consulting firm. I am a really happy guy, because I do what I like more: play with cars. Big cars. :roll:
Ciro

Mikey_s

My name is Mike, I'm a Brit, but based in Brussels for the next few years (and loving it!). I work for an oil company, but am currently seconded to a trade association, I'm 44 by the way. Highly annoyed that my first real opportunity to go to Spa (my fave circuit) has been taken from me this year..... :(

I have loved F1 for as long as I can remember, certainly since I was 6, when my dad bought me a Lotus F1 car replica - which was a great model, working suspension and everything, but I really wanted a Ferrari, so I was not so impressed!

Since then I have always followed Ferrari and, although I started off hating him, I have come to love MS (although Ayrton and, of course Prost, are up there too... oh yeah, and Mansell).

Currently I don't like Alonso too much, but I have to say that he keeps doing the job he is paid to do and I suspect that I might end up really liking him too. Want to see Williams winning races again, can't understand why McLaren keep throwing it away and have a grudging respect for Renault, who I unfortunately think will do it again this year.

Although I am (and always will be) a Ferrari fanatic I just want to see great racing, so I will be cheering when Max and Bernie stop messing around with the regs and let us get on with enjoying the sport we all love.

I thnk F1 Technical is a great site with lots of intelligent and knowledgeable (Spelling??) people - keep up the great work Tomba & Principessa
Mike

RH1300S

Time to chip in

My name is Roger 47 years and a petrol head for as long as I can remember.

I design and build offices for a living, so I appreciate the comments that come from our engineers in this forum it helps me understand a subject which fascinates me.

I love the marriage of design and technology - race cars very often combine beauty and purpose in a way few other machines can.

On the technical side, my only knowledge is gleaned from reading many books (the Carroll Smith series and anything else I can get my hands on).

On the practical/real life side. I love motorbikes and have had one since I was 17 - I raced MX until my mid 20's when I started my business and couldn't afford to keep getting bashed around. I still have a bike in the garage (which has done track days, the Nurburgring and a couple of laps of France!). Now I spend my time driving and spannering my precious Alpine A110 - 1300S.

As a side hobby I have built tracks for a computer racing game and developed several cars/physics packages.......that in itself is very interesting as you meet a lot of challenges in the quest for realism. BTW I would consider GTL to be one of the absolute best sims around ATM, it's re-creation of the Alpine is impressively good ;)

Tom

Tom Dawson, 16y/o, Student.

Weird, attention seeking, classic Citroen fan (note the 2CV avatar, the only one that would fit).
Been watching F1 since I was 8, I support the one, DC!

I race a load of middle aged blokes round a field full of cones every month for fun (its how McRae started.)
I couldn't live without my car, my job or my F1.

When I leave school I want to take a year out and get some experience as a merchanic in Formula Ford, before going to Brunel to study Motorsport Engineering, and becoming Coulthard Jrs chief merchanic. (I would settle for Alonso Jr though.)

My dream is to own an AC Cobra 427 s/c, all donations greatly appreciated :P
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Figlio_del_Diavolo

I am 22 and almost finished my BS in mechanical engineering at Kettering University. I've lurked around here for a while and decided I'd finally register. Anything else you wanna know feel free to ask.
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

RH1300S

Tom wrote:Tom Dawson, 16y/o, Student.

Weird, attention seeking, classic Citroen fan (note the 2CV avatar, the only one that would fit).
Been watching F1 since I was 8, I support the one, DC!

I race a load of middle aged blokes round a field full of cones every month for fun (its how McRae started.)
I couldn't live without my car, my job or my F1.

When I leave school I want to take a year out and get some experience as a merchanic in Formula Ford, before going to Brunel to study Motorsport Engineering, and becoming Coulthard Jrs chief merchanic. (I would settle for Alonso Jr though.)

My dream is to own an AC Cobra 427 s/c, all donations greatly appreciated :P
Tom , for 16 you've got a lot of things in the right order already........ :twisted:

Classic Citroens - check 8) (I'd love a 2CV, nearly as much as a DS)

Driving around a field - check 8)

DC - check 8) - much better than he gets credit for

Motosport engineering - check 8)

Ac Cobra - check 8)

Tom

Glad you aprove.

Thats a nice avatar there RH1300S. What is that?

The racing is Autotesting. At about 80p per run its great value and you don't do your car much damage because you rarely get out of 2nd.
Its about prescision, which is why my best result is 10th out of 12.

Find a local car club, grab a banger and hop along to the next test. You won't regret it.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick

RH1300S wrote: Classic Citroens - check 8) (I'd love a 2CV, nearly as much as a DS)
I just want to reveal myself as an all-time Citroën lover, mainly the classics you mentioned (and the SM, and the Traction, and the Ami, and...).
And yeah, Tom's avatar puts me in good mood everyday!

Tom

Did you go to the big 2CV meeting at Kelso last year.

I din't nealise there were so many of them made. Also there were some fantastic DS, CX, amis and one of the orignal 3 2CVs.

Spencifer_Murphy

Hey Tom, did you see in Top Gear when they tested cars in "cross winds" using a Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747-400, two of its General Electric Engines at full thrust & one green citroen 2CV (and a Mondeo)...

...Must have been sacrilage for you! I thought it was funny though, how the roof actually blew clean off before the car started to barrell roll :twisted:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

taleed

X
Last edited by taleed on 30 Aug 2008, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

Spencifer_Murphy

First of all welcome to the Forum taleed. As I'm sure you've gathered so far this forum is pretty unique because everyone here seems to be able to be civil and polite towards one another, which is more than can be said about some forums. Everybody here is like a friend to everyone else and I'm sure you'll like posting here as much as we'll like having a new member on board.

Secondly, congratulations on entering the Bahraini Formula Ford series, Best of Luck mate!!!

Tom

We may have a future F1 champ among us (no not me)

Don't worry Taleed, this is by far the best site on the net.

Spencifer_Murphy. I enjoyed that episode, it was quite good to see the Mondeo destroyed.

Did you notice though that occupants of the 2CV would have a greater chance of survival in a roll. The car is so light that the struts (made of tin foil) stopped the roof caving in.

The Mondeo was flat. Haha

Spencifer_Murphy

hehehehe yeah, the car weighs about as much as a bag of sugar! :lol: