Virgin MVR-02 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sawtooth-spike

Re: Virgin MVR-02 Cosworth

Mandrake wrote:
Sawtooth-spike wrote:At a glance it looks underwelming.
At a glance it just looks like last year's car o.O
The nose is slightly flatter.

When Nick was saying, We dont have as much work to do to roll out a new car as other teams do due to the way we work. What he ment was, We have had the winter off.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Francesc

They should have gone for Williams gearboxes. I bet Hispania will be quicker.

horse

Sawtooth-spike wrote:We have had the winter off.
Hi-larious! =D>

All that computing time and the only thing that looks vaguely optimised is the front wing. It's a good start, but that line of development is now 3 years old. I just can't see them running anywhere but second last to be honest.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

FW17

gibells wrote:Image
Why are the drivers so small in relation to the car?

gibells

WilliamsF1 wrote:
gibells wrote:Image
Why are the drivers so small in relation to the car?
CFD drivers?

horse

gibells wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote: Why are the drivers so small in relation to the car?
CFD drivers?
EDIT:

Photoshop, surely... (Must be to put a smile on Glock's face).

Perhaps this is their issue - that they are running a massively parallel photoshop cluster rather than CFD?
Last edited by horse on 07 Feb 2011, 13:41, edited 2 times in total.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

gridwalker

Maybe they shrank the drivers so they could fit in a larger fuel tank?

(I really should support Virgin, aka Manor, seeing as they are my local-boys, but I just can't take them seriously)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Raptor22

with this car I think Branson will be wearing Fishnet stocking and G-string for Tony Fernandes 24/7/365

n_anirudh

Quite conservative.in design..the paint scheme on the nosecone looks like the Virgin has got some protection on :D

Mandrake

n_anirudh wrote:Quite conservative.in design..the paint scheme on the nosecone looks like the Virgin has got some protection on :D
If you can't beat'em, ram'em! :D

gridwalker

So, which one of the (now protected) virgins will be the first to "lose it" this season? TAKING ALL BETS!

I can't help but wonder if they have tried approaching Durex or Trojan for sponsorship?

Sorry for being so flippant in a technical thread, but I can't find any features of the car itself that are interesting enough for discussion!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

King Six

gridwalker wrote:So, which one of the (now protected) virgins will be the first to "lose it" this season? TAKING ALL BETS!

I can't help but wonder if they have tried approaching Durex or Trojan for sponsorship?

Sorry for being so flippant in a technical thread, but I can't find any features of the car itself that are interesting enough for discussion!
lol, I can't either. The rear wing doesn't even look like it has the adjustable mechanism!

Pandamasque

So they took the old car with its livery that had colours combined in an ugly manner but with some nice ornaments on top of them. Kept the car, removed the ornaments. And then they took a lunch a break, had a few shots of Vodka... omg it's February already!

FW17

Any good pics of the side pod and barge board area? From the front it looks like lot of work has been done in the area.

Francesc

I see a posible opening for the exhaust just in front of the sidepods?? Or the exhaust is what I see in front of the rear tyres?