Giblet joins moderator team

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Giblet joins moderator team

Hi all,

as of 13 hours ago, Giblet is now a moderator on this forum to help keep topics how they should be: on-topic and without personal comments. We have been doing lots of moving out of the car threads, hoping to keep those a bit more technical than they are at the moment.

Anyway, Giblet will be here to assist you. He's been around since 2007 and all members of the f1technical team wish him good luck!

horse

Re: Giblet joins moderator team

Congratulations Giblet. May your threads run smoothly.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

hollus

Fantastic choice.
Good luck to him (which means also to us all).
Rivals, not enemies.

CMSMJ1

A good move. =D>
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Richard

Good luck Giblet

mx - thanks for moving off topic posts out of threads. I've been reporting a lot of them recently with the objectove of trying to help be a "spotter". Does that actually help?

Carlos

A welcome voice of gracious moderation and humour.

Giblet - You are joining an august line of F1Technical luminaries who have made outstanding contributions to the F1T Forum. I look forward to your efforts earning you a place among them. Good Luck

Ciro Pabón

Good choice. You have all our support. It is wise to have more mods...
Ciro

mx_tifoso

richard_leeds wrote:...

mx - thanks for moving off topic posts out of threads. I've been reporting a lot of them recently with the objectove of trying to help be a "spotter". Does that actually help?
Of course it helps, we go through all of the threads anyway but it's even better to have a "problematic" post reported so that we can take care of it asap. Besides, that's the point of you guys being able to report posts, so that your "voices" can be heard, so to speak.

We would also appreciate if more spam posts were reported because sometimes we miss them for some reason or another. :)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

Ciro Pabón wrote:It is wise to have more mods...
+1 congrats
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Echo the sentiments here by congratulating Giblet.

Could the censorship be toned down a touch though?
More could have been done.
David Purley

donskar

=D> =D> =D>
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mep

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Echo the sentiments here by congratulating Giblet.

Could the censorship be toned down a touch though?
+1
I am wondering if more mods will really help make this a better place. Just this week one of my (technical) posts got moved from one topic to another where it makes little sense now and got no reply. What is especially annoying is that the mod did not leave his name below the post so I don't even know who is responsible for it. It is not the first time this happened and every time it does happen it leaves a bad impression.

Giblet

Thanks all. I'll try to do my best and be impartial as possible, and learn from the other mods experience.

JET, the censorship you are speaking of is likely the W02 thread, as it is the most polluted of all the car threads. Once there is a whole page off topic, with nobody trying to steer it back to the straight and narrow, don't expect those posts to be treated like they have some importance. I've been guilty of it myself as well on occasion.

The problem is once the OT starts, everyone else wants to chime in, then the OT gets reported, then cleaned up.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

marcush.

I have to admit to allow myself far too often to drift away with my contributions to a thread especially when I see people consistently challenging and rubbing in dirty snippets just to provoke.
I feel it must be a good thing to have more longtime members involved as moderators and take reponsibility .it will raise the level of technical discussion instead of playing pingpong based on grounds of biased perception.
So a very good move!

nipo

Congrads =D> =D> =D>