Team's Sub-Section

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
axle

Team's Sub-Section

So many people have mentioned it now there must be enough weight behind the idea.

Mods, you're complaining about the messy threads but not giving the tools to help the members. In the end all we get is short messages to say we've been naughty posting in the wrong place and that our posts have been deleted/moved.

Lets make a move to actually proactively pigeon hole some more converstations please, give us some more structure for team related threads, as sticking them in General is just messy and awkward.

I think the current situation is leading to over moderation of threads to the point where members are either confused or annoyed as they get their posts moved or deleted. I for one couldn't see what was wrong with part of the F150 thread on page 32 mentioning the fact that the name had changed. But every comment was blown away...surely that was a bit OTT? Could have at least left the marker post to say the name had changed (yes, it was mine).

Anyway, IMO, you need a teams sub-section, with a thread for each team and adjust the posting rights so that no one can create other erroneous threads. Any cross team discussions can be had in general I guess.

Over to you...
- Axle

hollus

Re: Team's Sub-Section

I find the new teams subsection is working wonderfully.
The same discussions that used to be going on in the car's threads (and everywhere!) are still going on, and actually a bit more focused (now that they are not interrupted by the latest winglet), so some do become interesting.
And in the car threads, there are less than 2 pages of unrelated comments in between posts with content.
So it is faster to browse through one... and through the other, and at least for me, I get less of a headache.
Rivals, not enemies.

mx_tifoso

Hollus, we don't have a team subsection yet but it looks like we will within a week or two. We're working on it among other things....

For now it's just the team threads within the General Chat.
hollus wrote:... I get less of a headache.
:lol: +1
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet

axle wrote: Mods, you're complaining about the messy threads but not giving the tools to help the members.
One basic tool everyone has is common sense, and by now most people know not to post off topic banter in the car threads,a s we have to deal with it.
axle wrote:
I for one couldn't see what was wrong with part of the F150 thread on page 32 mentioning the fact that the name had changed. But every comment was blown away...surely that was a bit OTT? Could have at least left the marker post to say the name had changed (yes, it was mine).

Over to you...
I'm new at this, and it should be noted I will have a learning curve in use of the moderations tools, how to moderate threads properly, and how to deal with the people as impartially and fairly as possible. I'll never make everyone happy, but I'll try.

The discussion you refer to in the Ferrari thread was taken care of by me, and if I remember, I put a message there stating that the name messages had been deleted, as there was a page and half of them in the car thread, and there was no value whatsoever other than the fact that "degrees" means "st, nd, rd, th, eeth" etc.

I was also trying to make a point that if you post off topic in the car development threads, prepare to lose what you posted.

Off Topic threads of value, and many that had none, were not deleted and moved to the team thread.

I'll try not delete posts in the future, as when they are gone, they are gone.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute