[Suggestion] Units.

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Caito

[Suggestion] Units.

Hey guys. Since this is a technical forum, there are manytimes math, or ballpark numbers. As we all are from different origins I see many times there are difference in units.

These sometimes generates confusion, or at least it makes you start looking in google " 10000 BTU to Joules". Since we can't make a law stating we should use std, or imperial units, or whatever mkg cgs etc. I was thinking of making an app(as the icons when you create a post, quote code list youtube, etc) which would convert units.

I know about programming in C and visual. Is it possible to add such an option?

Bye!

Caito.-
Come back 747, we miss you!!

flynfrog

Re: [Suggestion] Units.

highlight the qty with the unit right click search google.

Just_a_fan

Well, F1 is Europe based (actually it's mostly British) so I'd say we should use the SI unit system in discussions.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Caito

flynfrog wrote:highlight the qty with the unit right click search google.
I'd like to create an app. Not that is difficult to right click and search in google, but I believe it'd be useful.

Just_a_fan, I believe we should do so. But it's also difficult for someone who has been his whole life with inches to speak in metres.
Come back 747, we miss you!!