The pro nuclear bias of F1technical

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Just_a_fan

Re: The pro nuclear bias of F1technical

WhiteBlue wrote: I have opened the thread on the megacity electric car and it got swamped with pro nuclear opinion from the first page. I can easily prove that by quotations.

viewtopic.php?p=165225#p165225
Hmmm, that points to one of my posts where I questioned how the UK might run electric vehicles when we don't have much electricity to spare. I postulated that we might need to build nukes to run the cars.

And mine is the last post on the page. Hardly "it got swamped with pro nuclear opinion from the first page" is it?

Indeed, the argument started when two openly anti-nuke posters (autogyro and WhiteBlue) "had a go" (on page two of the thread) at those who thought nuclear power is the right way to go.

This new thread of WB's smacks of someone throwing their toys out of the pram because they've started a fight they can't win. Best thing the mods can do is lock this thread now before it becomes another "he said, she said" thread...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

xpensive

As my habits are, I agree with Ciro. Ditch this thread, but replace it with a nuke pro-con debate, as the subject is rather relevant these days, even more so between engineers as well as technically interested individuals from all walks of life.

And it has a bearing on F1 after all.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Pup
Pup

WhiteBlue wrote: The least the moderators could do is sorting the nuclear issue out from my thread and put it back to where it belongs.
Dude - you revived your own old thread just to make an anti-nuclear post that would have been far more appropriate in the existing thread on fossil fuel. Then you bitch when the thread gets moved. Sounds to me like you've got a thing about having your topics on the front page.

But if you do have something to add about the BMW MegaCity electric car, you may do so. I reopened the topic for you.

mep

Hey don’t focus to much on that special threat now.
It’s a general question if we can create off topic threats in the off topic section which remain open and don’t get closed as soon as the first comment gets reported. The mods close them with the argument that it has no relation to F1. Well yea it has none but that’s why it is off topic. Even F1 related topics get closed like the Eccelstone book topic with some questionable argument.

WhiteBlue

So Pup is now the moderator who can duplicate thread titles? All the previous news on the BMW project is now missing and users will only find a rumor. Not a convincing solution!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pup
Pup

WhiteBlue wrote:So Pup is now the moderator who can duplicate thread titles? All the previous news on the BMW project is now missing and users will only find a rumor. Not a convincing solution!
No, I'm a member who can start any topic I like. If you want to add to the topic, quit pouting and do so. Asking the moderators to sift through a 21 page thread to remove posts in a manner that will please you is asking a bit much.

I added a link to the original thread so people can catch up if they want. Happy?

xxChrisxx

Seems like a lot of crying because the thread didn't go your way. Ask yourself, if everyone posted about 't3h evils' of nuclear power would you have bothered to make this thread?

You aren't moaning becuase your thread was hijacked. You are moaning becuase everyone disagrees with you.

Giblet

@mep

I still fail to understand why an off topic subject should be given any importance or air time on an F1 site.

@WB

Just make me a list, please, of what threads you want changed and how you want them changed so I don't have to go through every post to figure it out. Thread topics, with what you want moved or changed, please.

If everyone can agree that the nuke stuff should be moved to general fine, I can do that. If people can talk intelligently and refrain from personal attacks, fine. That is the reason that the Japanese Earthquake thread was messed with in the first place.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote:@WB
Just make me a list, please, of what threads you want changed and how you want them changed so I don't have to go through every post to figure it out. Thread topics, with what you want moved or changed, please.

If everyone can agree that the nuke stuff should be moved to general fine, I can do that. If people can talk intelligently and refrain from personal attacks, fine. That is the reason that the Japanese Earthquake thread was messed with in the first place.
Thanks Giblet

I'll be fine if you put the thread back to general. I think most user who participated in the nuke debate can behave to this site's standards.

Alternatively I could give you the list of posts which deal with the original thread issue. They could be extracted and put back to their own thread then. Just tell me what you prefer.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive

WhiteBlue wrote: ...
Just tell me what you prefer.
I prefer you to die, mr Bond. :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Giblet

The megacity one?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Giblet

Anyways, I am not keen on airing dirty laundry in public. Send me PM's or even better report the thread or post, as it gives us an anchor to use in moderation instead of having to hunt down threads.