Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai

The betting money is to more than 50% on Seb Vettel again to take pole.

Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CyleB

i can see why 2 races 2 poles 2 wins... the sure money would be on him... except nothing is sure in F1
Look mama I'm going fast- Ricky Bobby

volarchico

Diesel wrote:
volarchico wrote:So my DRS prediction came true! Not the pit straight, but 902 m before turn 14.
You predicted it would be 902 m before turn 14??
Yep!

When I said:
Isn't it more likely for DRS to be between 13 and 14? Long straight, followed by a slow corner...
it really meant:
Isn't it more likely for DRS to be 902 m before T14? Long straight, followed by a slow corner...
:lol:

Donuts

Well, just looking at the circuit layout(not many Red Bull curves), I think(as somebody else wrote earlier) that Renault should be strong and outqualify Ferrari. Will McLaren outqualify Red Bull? I don't really know the characteristics of their car yet, only thing I remember(Malaysia) is that Hamilton was very close to Heidfeld entering the curve before the main straight, but when exiting nor KERS nor DRS helped him to overtake. It will also be interesting to see how the lower temperature will affect their performance, I really hope that Red Bull won't be as dominant as in Australia. Predicting qualifying order Hamilton - Vettel - Button - Heidfeld - Webber - Alonso - Petrov - Masa - Kobayashi - Rosberg
Last edited by Donuts on 14 Apr 2011, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

CyleB

idk those are pretty bold predictions im guessing Heidfelt doesnt out qualify Webber

Fil

:? Is there a worldwide shortage of gold/yellow paint that we don't know about??

From Virgin Racing's Twitter feed..
Apparently there's a shortage of gold bands so look out for silver on the options this weekend
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

CyleB

i might have this wrong but dont the options always have a silver band or do i have that confused with the prime which is which please explain #-o

Fil

:lol: Wow. There you go! Options to have a silver band this weekend!

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

mx_tifoso

What if the supplier is from Japan and their inventory has run out? I head gold paint pens are in high demand nowadays and with the factory under repair it's not looking good for F1.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

chepoi

DRS zone for Shanghai GP 2011:

volarchico

Yep, posted a few pages back already...

forty-two

Does anyone know the schedule for when the practice sessions, quali and the race will be shown (BST... in the UK)? BBC sport website has still not posted the F1 Calendar for download, presumably because not all races are yet confirmed.

Cheers in advance!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Gerhard Berger

i think it's on the BBC f1 page, near the bottom

Just_a_fan

If you go to formula1.com you can click on "show times in my location" (or whatever it says) on the right hand side below the race countdown and it gives you the relevant local time.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

beelsebob

Practice 1 – Friday 15 Apr 0300 BST
Practice 2 - Friday 15 Apr 0700 BST
Practice 3 - Saturday 16 Apr 0400 BST
Qualifying – Saturday 16 Apr 0700 BST
Race – Sunday 17 Apr 0800 BST