Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tamburello

Re: Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai

Poleman wrote:
Nice photo kakogohrena. =D> Will fit nicely as my new desktop. :mrgreen:

Also,finally a pic where the RB7 is next to the Macca in the same angle .Look at the front wing flex compared to the MP4-26.With naked eye appears to be like 2-3cm.
Is it 'flex' or a function of the car's rake angle?

Poleman

marcush. wrote: eyes are not meant to be seeing differnces...so you cannot judge from picture evidence if there is a difference in wing height.

Also some people have already brought up the issue of rake having serious impact
on wing height... which is a wonder of geometry:
you can juggle around with lever arms try as you might but even with the leverage point being halfway of the car -which is not realistic -30mm of raised rear ride height would give you those 30mm of lower front wing.In reality the leverage is much closer to 3:1 or worse (depending on Wheelbase,but even the Mercedes shorty is not gaining anything worth mentioning by this).
So raising the rear a considerable 30mm would net in 10mm less front wing height... :roll: I´d rather not go deeper into this ..funny people jump on this
the rake is not for lowering the front wing.

In this particular photo the RB has minimal rake so i dont think it affects the FW height.Yes eyes are not accurate but some things are clear to the eye.After all everybody knows that RB wing is flexing,i just wanted to point out the obvious difference in this shot.
Last edited by Poleman on 19 Apr 2011, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Tamburello

Poleman wrote: In this particular photo the RB has minimal rake so i dont think it affects the FW height.Yes eyes are not accurate but some things are clear to the eye.After all everybody knows that RB wing is flexing,i just wanted to point out the obvious difference in this shot.
How do you know it has minimal rake? There's no way that you can see the relative rake angles of the two cars in this photo.

Just_a_fan

Lurk wrote: In Shangai, he just missed his start. That was pretty clear during the onboard footage: good reaction time but his car struggled.

IMO the 30bhp issue is just BS.
Indeed. Vettel was slow off the line because he bodged the start - looked from the onboard that he just didn't have enough revs on and the engine bogged down.

As for the KERS deficit - whose fault is that? RBR chose to do KERS their way and they've paid the price for it. Now some people are using it as an excuse.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

raymondu999

I think it wasn't a driver error, but more of a technical error. He seemed to release the clutch at a good time - just that the car didn't do its usually good launch
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Poleman

Tumbarello wrote:
Poleman wrote: In this particular photo the RB has minimal rake so i dont think it affects the FW height.Yes eyes are not accurate but some things are clear to the eye.After all everybody knows that RB wing is flexing,i just wanted to point out the obvious difference in this shot.
How do you know it has minimal rake? There's no way that you can see the relative rake angles of the two cars in this photo.
I certainly do not know it,so ill rephrase:
Poleman wrote: In this particular photo the RB looks to have minimal rake

raymondu999

I don't think the photo would mean anything. It would be under downforce load as it is traveling on the track
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw

Compared to the McLaren that is right next to it, it's clear to see the tips of the Red Bull wing are closer to the ground. That is pretty obvious. This is definately better than the various 'overlay' pictures taken at different times and different angles. Here we have both cars running at similar speeds in the same picture, you can't ask for much more than that.

kakogohrena

marcush. wrote: eyes are not meant to be seeing differnces...so you cannot judge from picture evidence if there is a difference in wing height.
Compare RB7 vs MP4-26 - China race

more in this topic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9503&start=180

PlatinumZealot

Wow.. millionth post on the flexiwing.. I think we can write a best-seller on this thing!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

chepoi

Lewis Hamilton's engineer Paul James talks to Jake Humphrey and David Coulthard about the pre-race problem with his driver's car and his delight at Hamilton scoring his first win of the season in China.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_71ahYGKLs[/youtube]

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton hails his race strategy after claiming his first victory of the 2011 season in a thrilling Chinese Grand Prix.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjd7GaNTmSU&NR=1[/youtube]

chepoi

BBC Formula 1 commentator Martin Brundle takes a closer look at some of the key moments that shaped the outcome of the 2011 Chinse Grand Prix, won by McLaren's Lewis Hamilton.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQcvOYua ... er&list=UL[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWc4mils ... er&list=UL[/youtube]

chepoi

BBC Formula 1 reporter Ted Kravitz brings you the inside line from the paddock after McLaren's Lewis Hamilton wins the third race of the season in Shanghai.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Sa9FZZ ... playnext=1[/youtube]

Richard

That second Brundle video is impressive, interesting to see how Hamilton set up Button and Massa in exactly the same way on turn 14, that forces the other car to the left on entry to turn 16 so Hamilton can take the apex of 16 on a better line.

It is great to see a talented driver set up moves a couple of corners before they actually make the pass.

Mchamilton

raymondu999 wrote:I think it wasn't a driver error, but more of a technical error. He seemed to release the clutch at a good time - just that the car didn't do its usually good launch
he didnt hold enough revs at the start and they dropped too low as he released the clutch which caused him to bog down.. his kers was fine