Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Circuit information
Lap length: 4.361km
Race distance: 70 laps (305.270km)
Full throttle: 60%
Top speed: 323kph (200mph)
Brake wear: High
Downforce level: Low
Source: Williams, 2010
Strategy
Fuel use: 2.067kg/lap
Pit lane time loss: 14.1 seconds
2010 tyres: medium (prime, no strip), super soft (option, stripe)

2010 Result

PlatinumZealot

Re: Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Two DRS zones.. I predict Mclaren to be the fastest car here by at least 0.4 seconds.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

raymondu999

Smik, do you mean in terms of race pace or Qually pace?
ๅคฑ่ดฅ่€…ๆ‰พ็†็”ฑ๏ผŒๆˆๅŠŸ่€…ๆ‰พๆ–นๆณ•

PlatinumZealot

Qualifying pace. Notice that now Mclaren can match the Bulls because we are on tracks that have no high speed turns. I think in Monaco Maclaren had the best speed strap and definitely looked good in the low speeds. They are not as good at turn exits, but I figure that is a matter of drive train tuning.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Morteza

Hamilton's pole last year was really sth. I hope McLaren will do well here along with Ferrari. Watching a Red Bull finishing first here is the last thing I want to see :wink:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

MrBlacky

Why is this "the Mcl is the car with the highest topspeed" argument still alive? There is no F-Duct anymore.

Poleman

MrBlacky wrote:Why is this "the Mcl is the car with the highest topspeed" argument still alive? There is no F-Duct anymore.
True,but the car is still pulling hard even without the f-duct.

myurr

For what it's worth, I predict a McLaren win :) Hamilton has a tendency to bounce back from difficult weekends with an outstanding performance, and I believe the car will have the race pace to win comfortably here.

I think the only thing that will stop him is if Vettel is still sleeping with lady luck!

doink

MrBlacky wrote:Why is this "the Mcl is the car with the highest topspeed" argument still alive? There is no F-Duct anymore.
http://www.fia.com/EN-GB/MEDIACENTRE/F1 ... speeds.pdf

Top speeds from Monaco, not wonderfully relevant to your comment. Shame I can't check the data for an earlier race, where top speed was more of a factor. We can revisit this after the next race and put the issue to bed with some good 'ole facts. Unless anyone has race data from prior GPs this season?

HampusA

Renault has also had very good highspeeds so i expect Vitaly and Heidfeld to be competitive.

i think the results will be more or less the same for the top 3.
Hamilton will put on a dominant win here i think to compensate for the horrible weekend he has had.

Hoping Alonso will end 2nd but not sure he has the speed of the merc powered cars.
The truth will come out...

Full_Opposite_Lock

I can't wait to see Hamilton bounce back. He had a tough weekend, and whilst much of it was self inflicted, he will just want to prove himself all the more next time around!

andartop

So far the Red Bull has been pretty fast pretty much everywhere..
As much as I'd like to see more car/driver combinations challenging for the championship, Vettel has already got most of the job done: as Alonso pointed out in the Monaco post-race press conference, 5-6 wins are usually enough for a WDC. Vettel already has 5 in the first 6 races!!! :shock:
From now on he only really needs to do a "Button" and finish in the points, watching the rest (Hamilton, Alonso, Button, maybe Webber) fighting each other out.
He can enjoy the advantage of having less pressure, which helps avoid mistakes.
Our only chance is for the FIA to ban Red Bull from the next five races, then we'll have an intersting finale to the season! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

kalinka

Sooner or later the bad luck will struck RBR and Vettel too.

beelsebob

Yes, but now it has the U-pods which reduce drag drastically.

Mandrake

The MGP is also extremely quick on the straights. I believe they'll do a lot better than in Monaco. Possibly fighting hard with the Massa Ferrari.