Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Aced

Re: Canadian GP 2011 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

djos wrote:Or maybe they wanted to show Seb how much they liked his stupid finger waving and irritating comments from the car after getting poles & wins! =D>
:lol: I love how everyone's started to hate his stupid finger and comments. I thought it was just me.

After watching the replay of the GP, I have to say, what Jenson did was absolutely amazing and breathtaking.

And it's worth mentioning that he was exactly the one who said they should put pressure on Vettel and wait until he cracks. And he did just that!

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

djos wrote:
Diesel wrote:The keep on working, they do their thing, they are who they are.
yeah that sort of thing is just corny and lame - thankfully Hamilton, Webber, Button and Alonso don't sprout that sort of over the top BS when they get poles and wins!
Corny and lame but it makes a welcome change from mindless whooping and yelling and the bastardisation of We Are The Champions. At least there is a bit of meaning behind Vettel's slightly pretentious in car comments.

marcush.

Vettel is not talking in his native language and maybe this is a point worth considering.You tend to use your words not as careful as in your home language as you don´t know the finer points.
And of course the race situation is a very special one ,I still find it amazing how drivers are so composed and not talking BS after a F1 race ...In my racing I never was taking anything serious in the direct aftermath /heat of the moment when the flag dropped.

Aced

andrew wrote:Corny and lame but it makes a welcome change from mindless whooping and yelling and the bastardisation of We Are The Champions. At least there is a bit of meaning behind Vettel's slightly pretentious in car comments.
I don't get it, what was so wrong about singing "We are the champions"?

And hold on a second

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Uj5XgY1ys[/youtube]

This isn't mindless whooping and yelling... for 4th place? A lot of meaning behind that one..................................

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

You point being? That was a few years back and this is now. I'm happy to keep hearing the odd and slightly cryptic/pretentious comment.

djos

marcush. wrote:Vettel is not talking in his native language and maybe this is a point worth considering.You tend to use your words not as careful as in your home language as you don´t know the finer points.
Vettel is fluent in English and his comments show an advanced grasp of English, other wise he would keep it simple and not sprout of the rubbish he does! Compare him with Alonso who clearly doesn't speak English quite as well and tends to keep things simpler.
"In downforce we trust"

beelsebob

djos wrote:
marcush. wrote:Vettel is not talking in his native language and maybe this is a point worth considering.You tend to use your words not as careful as in your home language as you don´t know the finer points.
Vettel is fluent in English and his comments show an advanced grasp of English, other wise he would keep it simple and not sprout of the rubbish he does! Compare him with Alonso who clearly doesn't speak English quite as well and tends to keep things simpler.
Every time you say that, I imagine words growing out of the top of his head. The word is spout.

djos

Aced wrote:
And hold on a second

video

This isn't mindless whooping and yelling... for 4th place? A lot of meaning behind that one..................................
yeah at least Webber's whooping was justified after so many seasons in F1 and finally getting his maiden win - he also didn't start crapping on afterwards iirc:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3_tXRR ... re=related[/youtube]
beelsebob wrote:
djos wrote: Vettel is fluent in English and his comments show an advanced grasp of English, other wise he would keep it simple and not sprout of the rubbish he does! Compare him with Alonso who clearly doesn't speak English quite as well and tends to keep things simpler.
Every time you say that, I imagine words growing out of the top of his head. The word is spout.
:lol:
"In downforce we trust"

HampusA

beelsebob wrote:To Put the Hamilton Bashing in perspective, here's a list of minor mistakes that various drivers made:
  • Hamilton – 1 incident – lap 5.
  • Schumacher – 1 incident – lap 7.
  • Button - 1 incident - lap 8.
  • Alonso - 1 incident - lap 37.
  • Sutil - 1 incident - lap 40.
  • DiResta - 1 incident - lap 42.
  • Massa - 1 incident - lap 54.
  • Webber - 2 incidents - laps 55 and 64.
  • Heidfeld - 1 incident - lap 56.
  • Vettel - 1 incident - lap 70.
So, we have 11 of the 24 drivers having made a mistake at some point during the race, one of them twice – why are we going after Hamilton?
Now it starts to get sad im afraid. Hamilton had TWO mistakes. Webber and Button.
Do it properly instead.
The truth will come out...

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:
beelsebob wrote:To Put the Hamilton Bashing in perspective, here's a list of minor mistakes that various drivers made:
So, we have 11 of the 24 drivers having made a mistake at some point during the race, one of them twice – why are we going after Hamilton?
Now it starts to get sad im afraid. Hamilton had TWO mistakes. Webber and Button.
Do it properly instead.
As I said to andrew – I based my list off who the FIA said was at fault in each incident, where I could. The FIA said Button was at fault, but didn't get penalised because he couldn't see, thus it goes down as Button's incident.

ajdavison2

HampusA wrote:

Do it properly instead.

I believe he meant minor mistakes? That's how I read his post anyway

beelsebob

ajdavison2 wrote:
HampusA wrote:

Do it properly instead.
I believe he meant minor mistakes? That's how I read his post anyway
Which minor mistake did he make against button? The only time I can think of that the two came together was on the straight putting hamilton out. The FIA said he had a speed advantage, a legitimate passing oportunity and every reason to believe button could see him, thus, he didn't make any mistake.

zenithbeach

this forum's standard is decreasing with each race.. why do you guys always have to fight over who is the best/worst/dumbest driver or who caused which collision? i dont get it.

red748

My 'Most notable In-Car Radio Quotes' from the day are.....

Button on Hamilton ...'What is he doing?'

and Massa on Kobayashi....'he's parked in the
wrong place...it ain't difficult'.

beelsebob

I'm not sure I should really stir the hornets nest again, so mods, feel free to delete this post if you think I shouldn't.

Bernie has defended Hamilton's drives:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/moto ... 97880.html