Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
afiq

Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

Race Date: 31 Jul 2011
Circuit Name: Hungaroring
Number of Laps: 70
Circuit Length: 4.381 km (2.7 miles)
Race distance: 70 laps / 306.630km
Lap Record: 1:19.071 - M Schumacher (2004)

Full throttle: 58%
Top speed: 291kph
Longest flat-out section: 11s / 750m
Right/left-hand turns: 8/6
Tyre wear: Medium/high
Brake wear: High
Downforce level: Very high
Gear changes per lap: 50

Single activation DRS (Detection point on entry to Turn 14, Activation point 70 meters after Turn 14 leading to start-finish straight)

Strategy

Average fuel use per lap: 2.1kg (source: Williams)
Pit stop time loss: 17.1s

2011 tyres: Soft and Super-Soft (Pirelli)
2010 tyres: Medium and Super-Soft (Bridgestone)
2009 tyres: Soft and Super-Soft (Bridgestone)

Last edited by afiq on 26 Jul 2011, 17:13, edited 3 times in total.

wesley123

Re: Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

If Red Bull pulls out another pretty weak performance here I think we can really state McLaren and Ferrari have caught up to them. They were simply dominant here, mostly in the qualifying
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Morteza

Vettel's qulaifying here last was phenomenal; just look at the difference in times between him and Alonso. This track seems to be Red Bull's playground.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ringo

wesley123 wrote:If Red Bull pulls out another pretty weak performance here I think we can really state McLaren and Ferrari have caught up to them. They were simply dominant here, mostly in the qualifying
I think redbull and ferrari will be super here. Not so much Mclaren.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Actually this was the race, as well as Hockenheim, where last year, their race pace finally began matching their qually pace, as well as started getting good reliability. Both Red Bulls (when in clean air) pulled away at 1s per lap here, no matter what tyres/strategy they were on. Qually and the race will be really telling here methinks. I am SO happy that we have a back-to-back race. Means I wait less for the next race :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

I don't know, now that Ferrari has solved it's high speed corner woes then I suspect this will pan out similar to the Nurburgring. I wonder if they'll use two DRS zones for this race, down the main straight and after turn one.
Saishū kōnā

wesley123

ringo wrote:
wesley123 wrote:If Red Bull pulls out another pretty weak performance here I think we can really state McLaren and Ferrari have caught up to them. They were simply dominant here, mostly in the qualifying
I think redbull and ferrari will be super here. Not so much Mclaren.
Red Bll sure, Ferrari I dont think so. McLaren will also be there I think. The McLaren seems to have great mechanical traction, as we saw in S1 on the nurburgring. McLaren can make a huge advantage with this out of T1 and the T6 chicane. Overall it is just bolting whatever df you got, and in my opinion it seems the Ferrari is lacking the max downforce, although they are really good on top speed and for example in Becketts and Maggots they shown really well. Alonso really had a hard time at the Nurburgring with his car in S1 and Budapest consist most of that.

I would say the Ferrari is decent, it hasnt got an advantage like the RBR got in df or the McLaren seems to have in mechanical grip.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

HampusA

RBR will still be in a league of it´s own. This is RBR´s real playground.
Ferrari have gathered some downforce but they still have some left to match RBR in Q.

Glad to see F1 is back so early, hate these 2 week breaks.

Qualifying pick:
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Alonso
4. Hamilton
5. Massa
The truth will come out...

ringo

I'd guess this:

Webber
Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton
Massa
Rosberg
Button
Petrov
Maldonado
Shumacher
For Sure!!

beelsebob

Yep, I think ringo is probably pretty close to spot on there – Mandy's a great choice – the williams has great downforce. Not sure about Petrov though.

HampusA

well from Top5 we are pretty much the same except for Webber/Vettel.
The truth will come out...

Shrieker

How important is kers on this circuit ? Assuming it's got a stop/start nature (does it ? :) ) McLaren's and Ferrari's kers superiority over Red Bull might come into play which definitely wasn't a factor in 2010.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

raymondu999

It is absolutely not stop start; and the straights aren't long enough to really allow KERS to matter.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

who will it suit?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l72BMp_xQE[/youtube]
For Sure!!