New Suspension For Formula1 - This may change the race?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Ciro Pabón

Re: New Suspension For Formula1 - This may change the race?

Caito wrote:Дякую ciro за вашу допомогу
Ви ласкаво просимо, Caito
Ciro

DIM-ON

Last edited by DIM-ON on 14 Jul 2011, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

Caito

Then I must be worried because moving the center of mass of the whole car actually means moving the car(unless you have movable ballast, which is prohibited) and quite a lot to have any significant result.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

DIM-ON

Last edited by DIM-ON on 14 Jul 2011, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Billzilla

DIM-ON wrote:Body roll is the same as now, but only in reverse. Why does not currently wreck in turns? :?
Roll is 4 .... 5 degrees. Why would wreck the aerodynamics very quickly? :D
I doubt very much they roll that far - I've been watching the front wheel movement when cornering and I estimate the outside wheel moves in bump a maximum of about 15mm. If we assume the inside wheel only droops maybe 10mm (probably far less than that in reality) then over the width of the car that's about 1°.
If you could perhaps modify your system to give no more than that roll-into the corners then you may be onto something. If you could arrange it so that the car sits dead-flat with lateral load it would allow for either a lower ride height (better aerodynamics) or softer spring rates. both of which carry benefits.

Robert.Gardner

Another consideration is the tyres. One reason for high camber angles, is to reduce the contact patch on straights, hence reducing rolling resistance.