Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Richard

Re: Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

Lack of a DDD would make a difference compared to last year.
Last edited by Richard on 29 Jul 2011, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Poleman

I dont see RB pulling off 1 sec over the rivals like last year...Vettel is already 0.6 behind he needs to find like a second to be on the previous races 0.4 RBR margin.That said the rest must stand still and not improve at all.I hope it wont be the case in order to enjoy some good weekend and rest of championship.Maybe RBR are sandbagging but it seems that the silver and red boys have caught up.

HampusA

Wait until after Q ;) I´m sure Vettel or Webber will come out on top. 0.3 seconds clear i think.
If not, then it´s a testament to the other teams catching up big time.
The truth will come out...

Poleman

Thats what im expecting as well but still we are in Hungaroring RBR's most powerful track as we saw last year...So even the 0.3 (if it happens) isnt that much of a margin (considering the pace of the McLaren and Ferrari in the race) is it?

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:Wait until after Q ;) I´m sure Vettel or Webber will come out on top. 0.3 seconds clear i think.
I honestly think you're in fantasy land, they'd need to be carrying 30kg extra of fuel for that to happen, that's way more than they normally would in practice.

PlatinumZealot

speedsense wrote:
RB needs to be hiding .6 secs.
Either the track is dirtier than last year
or the Pirelli's aren't as good here
or fuel loads are higher than last year.
The Cars are only faster on heavy DRS and KERS tracks. (Time loss on the straights more than make up for speed in corners) while last years cornering speed is very high.

Sorta of topic, but I think the fastest "2000 and up era" car would be BMW V10 engine, F2007 body, RB6 front wings, RB6 double diffuser, Mclaren KERS, and RB7 DRS.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

beelsebob

n smikle wrote:
speedsense wrote:
RB needs to be hiding .6 secs.
Either the track is dirtier than last year
or the Pirelli's aren't as good here
or fuel loads are higher than last year.
The Cars are only faster on heavy DRS and KERS tracks. (Time loss on the straights more than make up for speed in corners) while last years cornering speed is very high.

Sorta of topic, but I think the fastest "2000 and up era" car would be BMW V10 engine, F2007 body, RB6 front wings, RB6 double diffuser, Mclaren KERS, and RB7 DRS.
Remember that the RB6's diffuser was already a compromise after double diffusers were banned. I'll take the RB5 diffuser any day – or better yet, the RB5 diffuser plus an extra year of Newey thinking.

Poleman

Anyone got any more info about the bandage spotted on SV's wrist?I've heard BBC commentators say that its precautionary or theres something wrong with his wrist?!

PlatinumZealot

Just to prevent rubbing on the side of the chassis? Or gloves are poor quality?
Secret exhaust booster F-duct?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

HampusA

beelsebob wrote:
HampusA wrote:Wait until after Q ;) I´m sure Vettel or Webber will come out on top. 0.3 seconds clear i think.
I honestly think you're in fantasy land, they'd need to be carrying 30kg extra of fuel for that to happen, that's way more than they normally would in practice.
Maybe i am, but has Red Bull sandbagged before Q3 any other time?
Thought so ;)

beelsebob

HampusA wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Maybe i am, but has Red Bull sandbagged before Q3 any other time?
Thought so ;)
The number of times RBR have caused an upset by being much faster in qualifying than expected... I don't remember. I can remember at least 2 times when McLaren have done it this season, and 1 where Ferrari have done it though.

HampusA

They have done it quite alot.

Poleman

Since i remember RBR, so far this season and the previous one,everyone preety much expected them to be the fastest in quali regardless their FP times...Thats hardly an upset,even yourself for this grand prix,you still believe that they will come out on top.It would be surprising if you didnt expect them to be fast and yet claim pole,which is what Beelsebob said and he's right.So far this year at least noone expected McLaren and Ferrari to be fast at qualy at times,yet they surprised us a few times each.

Mr Alcatraz

Poleman wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:
HampusA wrote:Alonso said he struggled more then most in Sector 3.
How would you describe Sector 3?

Edit: Just checked and it seems Nando has problems with slow corners?
Did not expect him to struggle there as it has pretty good traction the car and is good on the brakes.
Fred is a talkative guy!
I mostly think he is blowing smoke, but he does say that the track was very dirty, and implies the car will handle better when it rubbers in :wink:

http://www.itv.com/formula1/news/2011/7 ... ront-7654/
That being said means that the rest of them were driving on a dirty track as well... :mrgreen: So that magic grip will not come to Fred only. :P
Never said it would bro! :)
Having said that (what I said) how badly would Ferrari like to get Massa into starting position 3? He has consistently been better off the line than Alonso, and if he is on his (potential) game he could through a monkey wrench into the whole shooting match. I expect a real chess match in this race (unless Red Bull lock out the front row). Even at that depending on the starts in row 2,and 3, one of the Bulls (probably Webber) will lose a spot. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that there really is a concerted effort to reel Vettel in by Ferrari and the Maccas. Plus I don't think Webber is in the mood to be as much of a team player as Button and FM reluctantly are! :shock:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

HampusA

Poleman wrote:Since i remember RBR, so far this season and the previous one,everyone preety much expected them to be the fastest in quali regardless their FP times...Thats hardly an upset,even yourself for this grand prix,you still believe that they will come out on top.It would be surprising if you didnt expect them to be fast and yet claim pole,which is what Beelsebob said and he's right.So far this year at least noone expected McLaren and Ferrari to be fast at qualy at times,yet they surprised us a few times each.
Aha but that´s not what i´m saying. I´m saying RBR is sandbagging in FP´s.
Not what you or me feel they will end up in the end.
I just say that they haven´t showed the real pace yet.