1st May

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Venom

1st May

This is covering my biggest wall in the room.

The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Scuderia_Russ

It's twelve years (Can't believe it's been that long) today that Ayrton Senna died.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild

Yesterday I heard few interesting things about Senna and race in Imola 1994. After Ratzenberger died on Saturday, Senna was planning to raise Austrian flag instead of Brazilian in case he finishes on podium. It was also said that by Italian law sporting event with tragic accident must be terminated but since it would be a "great financial loss" FIA, F1 management and local authorities agreed to announce that Ratzenberger didn't die on circuit but in hospital so that race next day could go on! After Barichello's accident Senna once again showed what kind of guy he was by jumping over the hospital wall to check on Barichello because all visits were banned. Another thing I heard for the first time was that in 1993 he did same thing in Spa like he did before after Coma's crash – this time only stopping to help Zanardi.

Scuderia_Russ

I believe that Italian circuits in general have never announced a driver dead at the scene and always when they arrive at hospital.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

When Zanardi's active suspension failed at Eau Rouge Senna was first on scene. Possibly his actions saved Alessandro's life, I don't know the details except Zanardi suffered severe concussion and damaged ankles.

12 years today. Should hold a minutes silence (no posts) tonight.
In memory of possibly the best F1 driver in the world.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Jason

I have the video of Imola 1994.

THe best driver in F1 - Ayrton Senna da Silva's 12th anniversarry of his death.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

manchild

Jason wrote:I have the video of Imola 1994.

THe best driver in F1 - Ayrton Senna da Silva's 12th anniversarry of his death.
What about sharing a link?