Fernandes to buy Caterham & rebrand Team Lotus?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marcush.

Re: Fernandes to buy Caterham & rebrand Team Lotus?

jet ,I´m not just talking about the Formula 1 team.Lotus Cars has received a big loan from a malaysia bank ,but who says it will all happen..It looks quite fishy to me ...Tony has put his eyes on the Lotus car brand already and it looks like the Caterham deal is nothing more than a first step in that direction.Lotus cars is just incomplete without the Seven business-like Porsche without 911 in a ways.

ESPImperium

I think this will become aggreed soon, Tony will rebrand the team Team Caterham and posibly sell the Team Lotus name to Lotus for the loss of money that Team Lotus would loose from the chassis name for 2012 (€21.8m) however the change in chassis name for Renault to become Lotus or Team Lotus will cost Renault more, arround €68m will be more.

I also think there will be an aggreement for the T12x and R3x chassis designations to be changed as well, with an aggreement on team colours even down to lower formula. So Team Air Asia and Lotus ART will have to be diffrent colours, with Lotus ART taking the Black & Gold and Team Air Asia taking the Green & Yellow.

Id recon this could be the amicable end to a dirty story.

Personally i think this is leading to us having up to 3 new Team Names and at least 2 new chassis designations for 2012.

bill shoe

ESPImperium wrote:I think this will become aggreed soon, Tony will rebrand the team Team Caterham and posibly sell the Team Lotus name to Lotus for the loss of money that Team Lotus would loose from the chassis name for 2012 (€21.8m) however the change in chassis name for Renault to become Lotus or Team Lotus will cost Renault more, arround €68m will be more.

I also think there will be an aggreement for the T12x and R3x chassis designations to be changed as well, with an aggreement on team colours even down to lower formula. So Team Air Asia and Lotus ART will have to be diffrent colours, with Lotus ART taking the Black & Gold and Team Air Asia taking the Green & Yellow.

Id recon this could be the amicable end to a dirty story.

Personally i think this is leading to us having up to 3 new Team Names and at least 2 new chassis designations for 2012.
Yes, but will it be Team Caterham or Group Caterham?

marcush.

what is the reading of the yellow lettering on the cockpit sides???
Image :mrgreen:

GSBellew

It appears to now say Team Loftus :?

Fil

"Team Loftus" refers to Fernandes' purchase of Queens Park Rangers FC. Their home ground is called Loftus Road.

I'm sure you can fill in the blanks..

A bit tasteless in my opinion, but it's typical Fernandes cross-promoting his brands at every opportunity.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

N12ck

So if he is getting rid of team lotus, then is he gonna sell it to lotus cars, and Lotus Renault GP become Team Lotus?

This will mess with so many peoples heads :?
Budding F1 Engineer

marcush.

I don´t think he will leave that asset to Bahar,but put the name aside for the time being.
when lotus cars go belly up he will happily put the 2 € on the table and take over and team lotus reappears in formula 1 .

marcush.

Fernandes demanding results next year -or he will close .

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 91105.html

his words are: Mike would be the first to admit if results are not matching the input of recources.
Asked where they see Team Lotus on the grid in one years time was p14/p15 and this is a realistic aim.

So Fernandes has defined a realistic target for 2012 otherwise everything from closing the outfit to releasing Gascoyne is on the cards.

Maybe Mercedes should take notice how to build up a healthy pressure...

FW17

I read somewhere that last year Dany Bhar and Genni guys, tried to buy Team Lotus rights from Tony's group for some 1 million pounds or so which was laughed off by Tony and his team.

This started some mud slinging from Dany Bhar and Genni guys who must have thought that was a fair amount. Little did they know that the price was 20% of Malaysian Airline (which I think is more than what Group Lotus is worth)

CHT
CHT

marcush. wrote:Fernandes demanding results next year -or he will close .

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 91105.html

his words are: Mike would be the first to admit if results are not matching the input of recources.
Asked where they see Team Lotus on the grid in one years time was p14/p15 and this is a realistic aim.

So Fernandes has defined a realistic target for 2012 otherwise everything from closing the outfit to releasing Gascoyne is on the cards.

Maybe Mercedes should take notice how to build up a healthy pressure...

Tony Fernandes is just an opportunistic businessman using Lotus heritage for his companies branding benefits. I must say that he has done an extremely good job in marketing himself and his company to the world.