A paperboard Red Bull RB7

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
EAKMotorsports

Re: A paperboard Red Bull RB7

wow I love it.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

PaulB

Hello Guys!

@ ajdavison2: The carbon-fibre structure I printed out - I looked for it at google ant took the best one. But it's a bit too rude.

Today, I've started with the underbody. References I've got from Craig Scarboroughts report - red bull monaco floor analysis. The underbody itself is in the second version which run between the Chineese and the Europe grand prix. The basic structure is already finished. It took me seven hours to do that.

For test purposes i fitted the underbody to the car. So you could imagine the whole dimension of the car.

Thanks for watching,
cheers Paul.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

ajdavison2

excellent work as always, and ahh ok, it's really good how you got the scale of the weave to match the scale of the car, Also is any work on the diffuser done yet? Would love to see it if there is.

PaulB

Hello Guys!

The work on the underbody is going on. It's more work behind it, as you may expect. The reason for that is certainly, that I want to make the underbody as original as possible.

The exhaust end pipe is already fitted. I also try to imitate the burning on it.

As ajdavison2 ask, here is the work of the diffuser. There's not many to say about it. The RB6 diffuser was much more interessting to built.

Well, that's it for the moment.
See you.

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

Morteza

Fantastic job, Paul.(read it the way Christian Horner does :mrgreen: ) The attention to details is just mind-boggling, hats off to you =D> I love how you have built it so far. Keep up the good work.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ajdavison2

excellent work as always! what scale are you using?

PaulB

Ah, it didn't work today. I'm a little bit angry. :cry: The rear part of the underbody with it's starter slot blowing ducts is so difficult. It's only one part per side, but that part is very very complex. I worked three hours on one (the left) relatively small part - hardly bigger than 25x60mm. It's barely a little better than this three hours ago. If I leave that ducts out, it would be much more easy, but I can't. My underbody is a past Spanish GP part. The other parts of the rear should be much more easy. They all are addicted to that fitting.
Maybe I'll accomplish it to the end of the week...

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

PaulB

Hello guys!

The underbody is looking good now. Especially the rerar part is almost finished. Only at the starter slot, a few heat shieldings are missing. I left away the air ducts, which should feeding the starter slot with air, because I made a mistake at the rear of the underbody. The 50mm step get tight to early at my car, so ther is no more space for this ducts - I didn't know that, when i started with the underbody.

Thats it
Cheers Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

rock1

That Sir....Is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen an F1 fan do.

You are a credit to the community that is F1.

Please keep us updated. I WANT MORE. =D>

mx_tifoso

What are your plans for it upon completion? Sell? Keep?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PaulB

Hello Guys!
mx_tifosi wrote:What are your plans for it upon completion? Sell? Keep?
At first I'll keep it, but, when there's a good offer, I will consider about it.

A new update today. At first, I have to tell you something important. In the new edition of the F1 Racing magazin (22nd September), there will be an article abaout my model cars - please buy it!
That's also the reason, why ou see today pictures of the RB7 in it's workshop. At first I want to built this workshop after I've built the car. But now it's too late.
That's it

Cheers
Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

mx_tifoso

It's good to see someone from our community getting recognition for the hard work, congratulations! Hopefully you mentioned F1T?! :)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PaulB

Hi guys!

After a hard and spectacular four-days weekend at Monza, I contiue my construction report.

For me myself, I finished the underbody. He is now fitted to the chassis. On the second picture, you can see, the exhaust outlet for its way into the diffuser.

Yesterday, I begann to fill the right hand sidepod with the electrical components. Now, that sidepod is finished except the exhaust pipes. And also the whole KERS is now fitted, although you only could see the control box in the sidepod and the batterie with its thick red cables.

That's it for the moment.
Cheers
Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

EAKMotorsports

WOW :o :shock:
*´¨)