Korean GP 2011 - Yeong-Am International Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Will Red Bull take the constructors title here?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 50

raymondu999

Re: Korean GP 2011 - Yeong-Am International Circuit

Gerhard Berger wrote:I quite liked the final corner when you had to hug the wall. It was unique and added character to the track. It's not as good now.
Look at the bright side. We get to hear M brundle say "hug the apex like your favourite granny" again ;)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

DRS zone:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

I wonder - is there any way we can get timing info per mini-sector as shown there?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kalinka

That would be awesome ! - And a source for endless analysis :)

intelligentF1

Agreed! Although we can't get these mini-sectors, we can get the sector times for each lap in practice/quali/race from the live timing.

I have someone who knows what they're doing on this - we have the race data from Japan. I can check what we have on the sector times. If people are interested, I'll see if I can put a link to it on the race data thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I watch for the racing, but I like playing with the data...
http://www.intelligentf1.wordpress.com

raymondu999

Oh please do!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

volarchico

With such a long straight, what effect will DRS really provide? It seems like this will be one of the biggest choices between gearing for DRS (qualifying) versus gearing for the race...

beelsebob

volarchico wrote:With such a long straight, what effect will DRS really provide? It seems like this will be one of the biggest choices between gearing for DRS (qualifying) versus gearing for the race...
Agreed, if the teams aren't geared for hitting the rev limited on that straight *anyway* I'll be very surprised. I would have thought DRS would have had more effect on either the start finish straight, or the short straight after the one they've put it on.

With that said, with where it is, it may be enough to get people into the slip stream on the short straight that follows, and get the job done there.

wesley123

I think with the length of the DRS zone drivers will just cruise past. Detection before T16 and activation at the middle of start finish would imo be much better
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob

wesley123 wrote:I think with the length of the DRS zone drivers will just cruise past. Detection before T16 and activation at the middle of start finish would imo be much better
Drivers with a longer 7th gear will cruise past, drivers with a shorter 7th gear will sit bouncing on the rev limiter.

I would expect to see another Monza – LH couldn't get past MS in the DRS zone simply because they put it at the end of a very long straight (not much choice at monza), and he happened to have a shorter 7th gear than MS.

pob

DRS zone: (fixed)

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Intego

Puh, what a weather. They should test behind the safety car ...
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

WhiteBlue

Very wet FP1 with MSC and Seb Vettel on P1 and P2. Itvis entertaining tio see all the offs and how the drivers recover in the wet.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

Here's to hoping for an unlikely msc podium. It's about time he went back up onto it
失败者找理由,成功者找方法