Korean GP 2011 - Yeong-Am International Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Will Red Bull take the constructors title here?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 50

CHT
CHT

Re: Korean GP 2011 - Yeong-Am International Circuit

Any english FP2 streaming?

Pierce89

I don't have a pic but Alonso is running a TOTALLY NEW front wing during FP2
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Mr Alcatraz

CHT wrote:Any english FP2 streaming?
check your mail :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Shrieker

Can i check my mail too :wink:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Traction

Pierce89 wrote:I don't have a pic but Alonso is running a TOTALLY NEW front wing during FP2
seems like they are getting some inspiration from RBR....

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/10/14/ferra ... -in-korea/
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

CHT
CHT

Mr Alcatraz wrote:
check your mail :wink:

got it thanks. =D>

Traction

Early days but Mclaren seem on top again. Vettel is not even close at this stage to the times LH and JB are setting in any of the sectors.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

CHT
CHT

Traction wrote:Early days but Mclaren seem on top again. Vettel is not even close at this stage to the times LH and JB are setting in any of the sectors.
pretty meaningless FP2 IMO. Mclaren will be giving their 100% for a shot at the WCC. Whereas RBR will most likely to go for a more conservative approach till they wrap up the WCC.

myurr

CHT wrote:
Traction wrote:Early days but Mclaren seem on top again. Vettel is not even close at this stage to the times LH and JB are setting in any of the sectors.
pretty meaningless FP2 IMO. Mclaren will be giving their 100% for a shot at the WCC. Whereas RBR will most likely to go for a more conservative approach till they wrap up the WCC.
Or more likely the McLaren has always been stronger this season in these intermediate conditions, and with the recent increases in downforce and new rear wing they've likely extended their advantage. Their car is much better at getting heat into the tyres which is crucial on a damp track.

Were qualifying held in those conditions I wouldn't be at all surprised if the McLaren had a 1+ second advantage over the Red Bulls. That doesn't mean that this advantage would translate through to dry or full wet conditions.

CHT
CHT

myurr wrote:
CHT wrote:
Or more likely the McLaren has always been stronger this season in these intermediate conditions, and with the recent increases in downforce and new rear wing they've likely extended their advantage. Their car is much better at getting heat into the tyres which is crucial on a damp track.

Were qualifying held in those conditions I wouldn't be at all surprised if the McLaren had a 1+ second advantage over the Red Bulls. That doesn't mean that this advantage would translate through to dry or full wet conditions.
this session is more like a session for the 2 mclaren drivers to show who is quicker. :)

cant really comment on the gap between Mc and RBR. As we have seen before, somehow the RBR also manage to find an extra second during qualifying.

Hope it will be a dry weekend.

furious_g

Anyone care to send me the link for English Streaming please. :wink:

Traction

By all accounts it will be dry weather for the race.
Sebastian Vettel

Mr Alcatraz

The McLarens did look mighty. I'm curious what kind of fuel loads the teams were running.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

Jenson says McLaren didn't do high fuel:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKW29ZplNY[/youtube]

Seb says 5 stop is all the slicks they have; and maybe the tyre conditions are so bad that they might have to do a 6-stopper to inters:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8zuHv9Hdno[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kalinka

Actually in full wet conditions a little more weight could help a bit,especially traction out of slow corners,because they're pretty much everywhere traction-limited. So in wet, the fuel levels could be misleading somewhat, though big differences can't be hidden by this effect.