Williams FW34 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
jordangp

Williams FW34 Renault

I just realised that at the top of the Williams site there is 'car under cover' graphic. Quite a transparent cover and all, it reveals underneath to be a chassis i don't recognise. Could this be a preview of the FW34?

http://www.williamsf1.com/

The air intake seems to be more triangular in this image, unlike the FW33, but not like the more triangular FW32 either, it seems more like the Mercedes original roll hoop from 2010.

The nose also appears different, without the hammerhead style cameras of the FW33.

It looks as if the dash bulkhead, is quite low also, so this could maybe be a 2012 nose?

Rear wing endplates are also different to FW33

Any ideas? Is this an FW34 preview, or am I just being silly? :lol:

aleks_ader

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

jordangp wrote:I just realised that at the top of the Williams site there is 'car under cover' graphic. Quite a transparent cover and all, it reveals underneath to be a chassis i don't recognise. Could this be a preview of the FW34?

http://www.williamsf1.com/

The air intake seems to be more triangular in this image, unlike the FW33, but not like the more triangular FW32 either, it seems more like the Mercedes original roll hoop from 2010.

The nose also appears different, without the hammerhead style cameras of the FW33.

It looks as if the dash bulkhead, is quite low also, so this could maybe be a 2012 nose?

Rear wing endplates are also different to FW33

A think that is fw31
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

jordangp

:lol: you could be right... but I still think that airbox is smaller than FW31

JackHammer

Looks like the same image they had on the site before the launch of the FW33

Probably the FW32 or FW31

allstaruk08

looks like the mirrors are mounted on them things that i forgot the name of next to the sidepods lol. so i think its the fw32 :)

jordangp

ah well, still looking forward to when they do release this car :D

scuderiafan

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96881

Williams won't have a title sponsor for 2012 (at least not right now). Gentlemen, I believe we are witnessing the final chapter in Williams' racing history.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

wunderkind

scuderiafan wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96881

Williams won't have a title sponsor for 2012 (at least not right now). Gentlemen, I believe we are witnessing the final chapter in Williams' racing history.
I sure hope not! The Williams Team deserves a place on the F1 grid.

But I do understand what you mean. The Team is slowly starting to look like Tyrrell.

timbo

wunderkind wrote:The Team is slowly starting to look like Tyrrell.
Sad but true.
I hope they manage to overturn their fortunes.

wunderkind

timbo wrote:
wunderkind wrote:The Team is slowly starting to look like Tyrrell.
Sad but true.
I hope they manage to overturn their fortunes.
I think we all want to see Team Willy becoming one of the top teams again. Hopefully, Mike Coughlan, Jason Somerville, and Mark Gillan will come up with a good car for 2012.

CMSMJ1

I can see Williams getting some more money from Qatar or thereabouts. Our friends in the Middle East have a lot of money to spend these days and are happy to spend it.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

wunderkind

CMSMJ1 wrote:I can see Williams getting some more money from Qatar or thereabouts. Our friends in the Middle East have a lot of money to spend these days and are happy to spend it.
Hopefully, but I doubt any Middle Eatsern gentleman would fork out the big bucks to turn Williams into the F1 equivalent of Manchester City.

Where do you guys think the FW34 can surprise and close the big gap to the top teams? I can't really see any area where Williams excels in. The compact transmission of the FW33 was expected to bring a lot of benefits to airflow to the diffuser but that didn't really delivered any noticeable performance gains. Maybe it was the Cosworth engine letting them down, I don't know.

Richard

jordangp wrote:I just realised that at the top of the Williams site there is 'car under cover' graphic. Quite a transparent cover and all, it reveals underneath to be a chassis i don't recognise. Could this be a preview of the FW34?

Just being silly. It'll be something conjured up by a marketing person who won't have seen the real thing.

wunderkind

richard_leeds wrote:

Just being silly. It'll be something conjured up by a marketing person who won't have seen the real thing.
I thought the height of the nose cone of the shrouded car was a dead giveaway that it's not a 2012 car.

axle

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/01/ ... from-doha/

Qtel - Qatar Communications company. It's got an aggressive expansion plan, advertising will be key, F1 is cheap to advertise to billions of people. All makes a lot of sense. AT&T have been a good partner but I think Qtel would be better, financially.

Final chapter??...whatever. Williams have aligned themselves with Middle East backers expect an announcement soon and the 2nd Driver will be agreed as part of that. If it's Qtel I expect Rubens to be retained.

However "communications company" they are in "advanced talks" with could also be Senna's backer Embratel...which would mean he'd get the seat.

The image on the website is just a generic. You will not see an inch of any car till the last moment.
- Axle