F1technical on mobile devices

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
gridwalker

Re: F1technical on mobile devices

Ditto.

I get a message saying that Tapatalk is supported when I visit the site using my Android browser, but it isn't visible in the app.

The phpBB integration seems a little bit trickier than it says on the developer's website ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Belatti

I read the forum from my blackberry... only when sitting in the throne room :oops:

Sorry guys! :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

gridwalker

Oh, don't get me wrong : I can still access the site on a web browser, it is just the Tapatalk app support that seems to be a problem.

volarchico

That's my issue as well. I can access from the browser, but not the app. Supposedly the app makes life much easier for reading the forum from a small screen phone so I'd like to find a way to make it work!

Steven
Owner

Can you check again?

Tapatalk version was outdated, so I did an update and their website tells me it's all working fine.

gridwalker

Bad news ... see my PM.

roost89

Thank you very much for getting it this far Tomba.

Found the forum on Tapatalk, but it won't load the threads
I'm using latest Tapatalk app (v1.13.5) on Android
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

gridwalker

Ok, I have found the forum on Tapatalk, but the threads aren't loading.

I can't find the forum in the category list at the moment. To find the forum, you need to search for "f1technical" (without the quotation marks). I cannot find the foum if I search for "f1 technical", nor does it appear if you use F1 or Formula One as keywords.

This is a shame, as it means that the forum will only appear to people who know exactly what they are looking for : I've been coming here for years, but even I had difficulty locating it within the app.

Is there any way to add metadata to the tapatalk listing so the forum appears in context-relevant searches?

volarchico

So I've just given up on using Tapatalk and am relegated to using my Android browser with a lot of pinch to zoom in, zoom out...I think I'll be needing glasses soon.

Steven
Owner

I'll get it installed on my (slow) phone and see if I can get it working.
Sorry for the trouble!

Steven
Owner

Problem confirmed.
Tapatalk team is looking into it!

Cam

Just wondering if the Tapatalk problem is resolved? The latest update of the app as of today still won't allow access to the forum. If its still not able to work, is it possible to disable the tapatalk app notification that pops up every time a link is clicked? Every click on the website using an iPhone requires a 'cancel' click on the popup that appears before the page loads. Needles to say this is frustrating trying to navigate.

Daz95

Any news on this? Frightfully annoying as the previous poster can testify.
Downloaded the app just so I did'nt have to repeatedly cancel the Tapatalk notification!
Would be nice to get it working though.

Steven
Owner

Right, I'll get is disabled at the moment.
We'll see later on how to get it resolved, as the tapatalk support team so far had no idea either...

Cam

re: iPhone issues

Not sure whether this helps at all, but here are some screen shots of how the F1 Technical forum is seen using an iPhone. As mentioned, using Safari on the iPhone shows the Tapatalk popup after every click, I mean every click...painful. Really, I cannot stress how hard it makes trying to navigate the site on an iPhone, having to click 'Cancel' on every popup after every link click or page change.

Below are screen grabs showing the F1 Technical forum does indeed show in the Tapatalk application.

Below is the result trying to access the forum via Tapatalk.

This forum is awesome. I view it every day and try to keep up with the technology and opinions that very smart people have, but F1 Technical on an iPhone - I'm about to give up.

Please try and fix this! My F1 mojo is turning to gravy.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.