New Indycar for 2012

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
bhall

Re: New Indycar for 2012

Does this thing actually work now? Last time I checked - or, more accurately, happened upon its status - it didn't.

allstaruk08

Tim.Wright wrote:Whatever you say about the Dallara, it will be a million times more attractive than any of the current F1 cars.

Tim

haha no they wont!

wesley123

scuderiafan wrote:
Belatti wrote:The rear wing is 70s BIG and those things before the rear wheels look hideous. The rumour is the car is slower than the previous "years old" dallara
That was what they wanted to do, slow the cars down.
No they did not. The car had to be lighter and has less power, as well as need to be safer but keep the same pace, and being a little quicker on road courses.

The lotus kit on the other hand looks ugly as f***, the nose itself is nice but the rest is not, and the huge airbrake is making things ten times worse
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

scuderiafan

wesley123 wrote:
scuderiafan wrote:
Belatti wrote:The rear wing is 70s BIG and those things before the rear wheels look hideous. The rumour is the car is slower than the previous "years old" dallara
That was what they wanted to do, slow the cars down.
No they did not. The car had to be lighter and has less power, as well as need to be safer but keep the same pace, and being a little quicker on road courses.

The lotus kit on the other hand looks ugly as f***, the nose itself is nice but the rest is not, and the huge airbrake is making things ten times worse
It's all Dallara's kit. The teams won't make their own until next year. Ugly or not, slow or not, it's all an opinion. I, personally, am very excited for the new era of IndyCar.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

cossie

as long as the Hulman George clan runs this thing into the ground there will be no "new era", the car was suppose to be as fast or faster than the old crapwagon the newer crappier wagon is just a pig , originally the side pods and wheel bumpers were for "side by side " racing well we all know how that went,underpowered 575 bhp is just a joke, huge wings , more downforce again no lifting in the corners, unfortunately i really don't see a Dan Gurney type in the picture to save AOW racing