Force India VJM05

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Forza

Re: Force India VJM05

. At the front the layout is very conventional with twin torsion bars mounted in the top of the chassis ‘horns’. Mounted beneath them is the steering rack, just visible here and finally the white master cylinders sat out in front. The chassis has three adjustment aperture, one for each damper and a third central one visible below just ahead of the pitot tube mount.

Tyler

mx_tifoso wrote:Is that an indent on the black surface at the end of the engine cover?

Yes there is an indent there - it can be seen clearer on some of the other launch pics.
I also noticed it earlier and was wondering what it was for.
I wonder if it could be for a different exhaust position they may try out.
That part of the car has a bit of an unfinished look, perhaps we could see them doing something interesting there.

MIKEY_!

A very nice car, shame about the nose but hey, this isn't art. Anyway those sidepods are interesting, air flow to the diffuser will be excellent, maybe not so good at the beam wing. That FW looks familiar, maybe that RBR monza wing didn't end up at Ferrari :lol:

zoro_f1

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

FrukostScones

Can someone maybe do a wheelbase comparison in photoshop. My non-scientific approach with a ruler and a picture came to the result of a wheelbase ranging from 3300-3400mm.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Tyler

I can't wait to see how this car goes.
I actually don't think it's ugly at all - it's actually a spectacular looking car if you can get past the nose, which is the best looking and least severe of the gator noses thus far.
At least they've tried to make the edges nice and smooth and flow into each other, unlike the Ferrari which looks like the nose was built from Lego.

It looks very sleek and far more refined than the VJM04, which I think is actually much uglier.
This car is actually quite a thing of beauty! - whatever you think of the noses, the standard of engineering we've seen on all the cars so far is really high this year.
I think that the VJM05 is going to get some podiums - big pity Sutil is gone, this could have finally been his year!

MIKEY_!

+1 this car is growing on me already.

cata

I'm also liking this car. Looks very smooth compared to last year effort. Hope that doesn't catch the E20 though! :P
If you're honest and you say that you did, you know that I would give you my hand...

ringo

Looks like a low drag design. Kinda doubt it will have a whole lotta downforce.
For Sure!!

ringo

High exhaust are much louder.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

ringo wrote:Looks like a low drag design. Kinda doubt it will have a whole lotta downforce.
While Force India's 2009/2010 cars have certainly been as such; the VJM04 was actually more competitive on technical circuits than low downforce circuits IIRC
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mahesh248f1

Good job FI , the Aero foil between the nose makes it look like one of the animals in Avatar.
Speedster , dribbler , free kick taker ,complete forward .

Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

zgred

Crucial_Xtreme

Heres a high res shot of the pic above. You can see the diffuser well! right click>viewimage

[img]http://www.formula1.com/wi/sutton/2011/ ... 03.jpg[img]
Last edited by Richard on 22 Feb 2012, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from post above