Image resizing in bbcode [img]

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Adrian Newby

Image resizing in bbcode [img]

richard_leeds wrote:
Adrian Newby wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:By the way guys, please don't keep repeating the post above with the same image over and over again.
It should get bumped out by the three quote limit.

Adrian, I see you are new here. The mods do ask people to not repeat quotes with the pic above.
I always cull the oldest quote from my posts so that naturally takes care of it on my part.

Or... is there something specifically wrong about posting that pic?

Giblet

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

If the pic is large and nearby, we ask that you don't requote it. It makes the threads unnecessarily long and more difficult to navigate.

If you feel the need to requote it for reference, you can adjust the size with:

full: [img width={width} height={height} ...]{url}[/img]

shorthand: [img={width}x{height}]{url}[/img]

while redacting the squiggly brackets for the parameters.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Adrian Newby

Makes sense. Thanks for the resizing parameters.

Giblet

You know what? I went straight to the BBCode website and looked up the BBCode for this. It appears it does not work.

Its supposed to work the same as an image tag. After the 'img' in square brackets, you are supposed to be able to change the parameters of the pic.

I'll clarify with Tomba then in the forum.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Steven
Owner

Re: Image resizing in bbcode [img]

The BBcode documentation is here:
:arrow: faq.php?mode=bbcode

Indeed, setting width and height in this forum is impossible within an [img] tag.

Any image though is displayed at a maximum width of 750px. This works well, but is a problem when quoting, as the width of a quoted post if of course less. Unfortunately, I cannot solve it in the current layout.

BUT, it will be solved in the new layout (due in a few weeks). Images will then be displayed with a maximum width equal to the width available in the page layout.

blokkie

Will the new layout be a fluid design of fixed ?

Steven
Owner

Same width as now

bhall

For what it's worth, ImageBam generates BBCode for every uploaded image. Just copy and paste it, and you're good to go.