richard_leeds joins moderator team

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

richard_leeds joins moderator team

Hi all,

as of now, richard_leeds is now a moderator on this forum to help keep topics how they should be: on-topic and without personal comments.

Richard has been kind enough to apply himself, and we gladly accepted his offer to make the forum a better place. He will be happy to assist you, just like all other moderators, including myself, if you need assistance.

The entire F1technical team wishes him the best of luck!

CMSMJ1

Re: richard_leeds joins moderator team

Good arrows.

Always thought he was alright. :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

JohnsonsEvilTwin

A good appointment.

And an air of inevitability about it.
More could have been done.
David Purley

strad

OMG Not Richard
Image No really Good choice.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

bhall

There goes the neighborhood...

Richard

Thanks Tomba

I thought the place could do with a little help with spam killing. Oh, and those pesky posts that needlessly quote a huge picture from above.

mx_tifoso

Welcome Richard!!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

About time and you got the right person Tomba! Congrats Richard, I look forward to see you doing the job.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

blokkie

in reference to viewtopic.php?p=314387#p314387

is it normal that comments are editted by moderators - not based on rules from the forum - but on the content of the post ?

I realy don't like this way of moderating ! If a post is not rule-breaking or off-topic , then get your hands of the post

Richard

blokkie wrote:in reference to viewtopic.php?p=314387#p314387

is it normal that comments are editted by moderators - not based on rules from the forum - but on the content of the post ?

I realy don't like this way of moderating ! If a post is not rule-breaking or off-topic , then get your hands of the post

Yes, posts are sometimes edited to remove off topic comments. The other option is to delete the whole post. The reasons were explained in both PM to the posters and also a public post.

sriraj1031

Congrats to Richard

donskar

Late congrats to Richard. He's already doing a good job. Moderating here must be very difficult because of the passion of some (I am an offender) and the habit of many Iincludeing myself)to wander off topic.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

blokkie

richard_leeds wrote:
blokkie wrote:in reference to viewtopic.php?p=314387#p314387

Yes, posts are sometimes edited to remove off topic comments. The other option is to delete the whole post. The reasons were explained in both PM to the posters and also a public post.
Thank you for your PM and taking the time to explain. It realy explains why you've done what you've done.

I understand now your actions and it's indeed very much appreciated!

ps: keep up the good work :)