BAR 006

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Beostar

clearly a BAR fan :)
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

NickT

As I am to :D but also of Dave Richards 8) and the structure and accountability he has built within the team over the past two years :shock:

I think we will see the fruits of his influence and that of Jeff Willis this year :D
NickT

Timstr

Thanks for the updates Scarbs!!
Love to read about technical stuff.

I thought Maclaren were also deploying a CF maincase this year.
But the BAR looks good. Packaging seems very tight, even though it is a bit consealed by the large flip ups, and the cooling chimneys.

drspeed

IMO, Renault will have a hard time keeping BAR out of their way if BAR improves as much as they have last year.
-Challenging is more exciting than defending-

drspeed

I would have to agree with Nick. BAR improved enormously last year although it was less noticable when similar teams like Jordan and Renault won races. If they do improve this year in a similar rate, Renault will have a hard time keeping 4th place in the championship. Aesthetically, the car 'looks' amazing. I really like the new paint scheme BAR initiated from last year. It just screams 'Honda/Japan'. But above all, engine reliability will be the key to their success this year. Roll on Melbourne!
-Challenging is more exciting than defending-

Aradea

U're right DrSpeed... With that great chassis that Geoff Willis built, the only thing that may have some concerns is their engine. I'm sure that this year's engine will be extremely powerfull (I think it has almost the same power as the BMW's - I'm just guessing though), the realibility isn't perfect YET..
Mr. Nakamoto said that it will be a top class engine and I trust him.. Now I cant wait to see the first GP in Melbourne, especially in seeing if their engine is powerfull and could last the whole race weekend (as they promised) :)

Aradea

I even think that the 3rd & 4th place favourites (Williams & Renault) have to work really hard to make sure that BAR wont take their place in the grid...
Especially Reanult, they have a new engine to adapt with.. :)

Aradea

Testing Laps

Can anyone tell me why the BAR 006 only managed to run 20-something laps in testing at Barcelona this couple of days ??
In antoher thread Scarbs said the car is not ready for a full testing programme. Is it True ?
Or Maybe BAR just testing the new car with certain modification, so Jense wont have to do a lot of laps in it ?

rodlamas

The new car is a very new machine that has to go through a series of systems checks.

Normally this is what teams do at the beginning. The car has just got 3 days of testing, so you don´t expect it to go through 1000 km´s without problems.

This is a process that must be taken step by step very calmly done.

Just for you to see it, the old BAR today beated the new one. Also Wurz with the MP4/19 has done only 1:16.0 and has pronounced himself very happy with the times he did given the fuel load that was onboard.

At this stage it´ll be impossible to guess sth and only when we get to Melbourne we´ll have a shot at the true picture.

But one thing is for sure: The Michelin tyres over the first lap is much faster than the Bridgestone ones.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

Aradea

After seeing most of the posts in this forum for quite some time, all of u guys have a lot better technical know how in F1 than me. Well, maybe most of U who have doubts about how BAR performance will be this season have the reason to say so..
I'm very sorry if in other posts I offended any of U or talking non sense about something that I didn't know very well.
I'm just a simple BAR fan who wants his team to perform very well in this upcoming season. It's a great feeling knowing that Scrabs praising the new car, and seeing the testing lap times..
But, since I've seen a lot of posts in a couple of forums, I can see the reason why people have doubts about BAR Honda.. Maybe now I'm not so optimistic anymore, Well at least not until seeing Melbourne though :)
But, I really like to know what do all of u like about the new 006 car ? (Is it the Chassis ? Engine ? or The new Gearbox perhaps ??) can U posts your answer or opinions ?
Oh yeah, Are there any Honda Fan in this forum ?

rodlamas

BAR-Honda has improved a lot for sure since the end of 2003.

But this improvement, is it going to be suficient to match any of the top 4 teams?

Many people have been saying that Reanult is going to suffer because they had change the engine architeture and then move into an engine based on the Supertec V10 from 2000.

Also people have been saying Ferrari is going to suffer, Williams is going to dominate, Mclaren has an excellent car, Mercedes sucks etc.

The only thing is: until Melbourne 4pm nothing is certain.

My bet is that Michelin, and consequently its teamns, will have an edge, just because they´ve been racking up more mileage against Bridgestone.

But which team is going to take this advantadge better, still remain to be seen at Mlebourne, 7th of March at 4 pm.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna