Williams 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mx_tifoso

Williams 2012

In short, I firmly believe that Frank Williams should retire from the managerial aspects of the team, and/or any role that will directly affect the racing business.

There is a point in time when the founder should let go of his business, and this is the that moment IMO.

This is something that I've been thinking about lately since we covered a similar topic in one of my classes.

But this thread is for anything related to the team...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

beelsebob

Re: Williams 2012

My suspicion, is that he wouldn't want to leave the team when it's on a downer – he would want to feel that he was handing over something successful, and somewhere that could be built from, rather than something in the doldrums.

joseff

My outsider impression last year was that Frank was already stepping aside and letting Adam Parr & Sam Michael run the team.

I guess now it's Adam Parr & Mark Gillan?

dren

That was my take on it as well. I thought he was stepping away from things. Is he a partial owner?
Honda!

blokkie

Williams pairing Bruno Senna and Pastor Maldonado have welcomed new driver mentor Alex Wurz's arrival at the team.

Wurz, a veteran of 69 grands prix for Benetton, McLaren and Williams, attended last week's Barcelona test in his new capacity and both drivers believe that he will help to improve their performance.

mx_tifoso

Williams is still the active team principal, which to me is nothing short of ludicrous.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

joseff

@dren: Yes he's part owner. Toto Wolff has a share, and Patrick Head still keeps some of his share.

Giblet

Himself and Sauber are the last of a breed. People that founded the teams, still owning and controlling them.

I am pretty sure that Frank wanted to hang his hat up a couple years ago, but does not want to leave with his team at such a low point. He, in my mind, wants to leave it in capable hands, and his new people have just arrived.

If Williams reverses fortune this year, he will not look nearly past his expiration date as he does now.

I've never been rooting for anyone with any great amount, but Williams is the one team I wish to succeed every year.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Carlos

"I've never been rooting for anyone with any great amount, but Williams is the one team I wish to succeed every year." Giblet

+1

Me too ...

raymondu999

Williams owns 51% stake IIRC. He's very reluctant to let go of control. Sadly, getting too attached to one's business can be dangerous as it can be beneficial...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Pierce89

Giblet wrote:Himself and Sauber are the last of a breed. People that founded the teams, still owning and controlling them.
What about Tony Fernandes :wtf:
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

FW17

AUDI R18 to use the flywheel developed by Williams Hybrid Power, which also produced the unit in sister marque Porsche's 911 GT3-R Hybrid.

FW17

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

What is

MIKEY_!

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

http://www.hatch.ca/
Hatch supplies engineering, project and construction management services, process and business consulting and operational services to the mining, metallurgical, energy and infrastructure industries.

ESPImperium

http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/2068

Sir Frank stepping back slightlly, his daughter Claire stepping up. Dominic Reily stepping down as well.

This is all the grand plan to make Williams move up the grid agaoin i think.
Last edited by Richard on 02 Mar 2012, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected broken link