What is your favorite GT3 track?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
joseff

What is your favorite GT3 track?

Because oz started a thread on reversed tracks. :) so, gentlemen... what is your favorite Gran Turismo track?

My favorite is Rome Night, it's got a nice rhythm to it. It's one of those tracks where proper suspension/aero setup can be very rewarding.

My least favorite (excluding test course, of course :P) would ironically be Cote d'Azur. Taken in a formula car, it's a b****. MAJOR respect to Gilles Villeneuve for winning with a turbo car in Monaco.

akbar21881

Heh..for people who play GT3,do you mind sharing lap times here?I am keen to compare my lap time because I don't know whether I am fast or not.

My favourite track is trial mountain.Can anyone share their lap time with me?On standard viper I managed 1minute 16 sec on this track.In standard Supra,my laptime is 1min 17sec.With a 987bhp tuned Impreza,I was having a hard time to even set 1min 20 sec coz the car refuse to turn at all.

laugna seca, mmmmmmm i love that track. 57sec in a f94h

West

I don't really play that game anymore... still too unrealistic. But I have a couple of memorable races. I raced my roommate, both of us had 99 Toyota GT One's and I won by 0:00:001 seconds, or the lowest gap you can ever have in that game (it has been recorded on his memory card just in case nobody believes it). Another one is that I ran a 1:19 at Monaco in Senna's car, if it is either the F686/S or F088/S (forgot the names, sorry).
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Rogue230

GT3?

Josef, sorry to here about Monaco. F1 cars are great there IMO!

Akbar, what car do you want times for? What cars do you like?

The FTO is probably the best all around car because you can street it or off-road the thing.

Yeah, I'm late replying. Saw the date. Never looked down here before. Just did the F1 forums.

Hope you're still out there.

Rogue.

West

You obviously don't know the extent of the torture of driving in Monaco unless you drive it in F1 Challenge.

Rogue230

West

Not likely to argue that one.

Haven't driven any one of the F1 games that I like. As for GT3? The settings are more versatile and I can make almost any car handle.

As for Rome night? Wasn't that GT2? Or is the the Euro release of GT3? The only GT3 night race I know of is SS-11, or is that Rome?

West

Re: West

Rogue230 wrote:Not likely to argue that one.

Haven't driven any one of the F1 games that I like. As for GT3? The settings are more versatile and I can make almost any car handle.

As for Rome night? Wasn't that GT2? Or is the the Euro release of GT3? The only GT3 night race I know of is SS-11, or is that Rome?
In the U.S. it was GT2. GT3 axed a lot of the good races. GT3... the F1 cars are rediculous. I set TC to 3 and ASM to 0 and I NEVER SPIN OUT. All I have to do is counter steer. I dunno how "realistic" that is.

walter

Red Rock Valley, a fast paced circuit from GT2 was also out of GT3, was my favorite. I loved setting up cars like the Lotus elise GTR to take the first turn @ 190-170, to a lap time in the low 50's. However from GT3 it was it would definetly have to be Monaco. I remember doing the distance event on that track and evenually ending up with a best time of 1:13. Then again, that was a couple of years ago, I was addicted to all of the Gran Tourismo games.

Spencifer_Murphy

Yeah Red Rock Yally in GT2 wos great. I loved racing there cos racing at that circuit was always exciting...and all the corners are fast so a mistake is always costly. I used to use the TVR Speed 12 there after i won it from there. Was a bugger to setup perfectly (I'm a real perfectionist) cos it would bounce about on the banking and spin, tht is easily solved by softening the suspension but softening it too much affected the handling a little around other parts of the track (Like i said, im a perfectionist lol). But on GT3 I like racing around Special Route 11, Grand Vally, Midfield Raceway, Special Stage Route 5, Smokey Mountain North, Trail Mountain, Laguna Seca, Tokyo R265, and Green Forest. Monte carlo in Gt3 is too unrealistic after knowing it so well from F1.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Rogue230

walter

I thought your time for Monoco unlikely until I blew the dust off my GT3 game and re-ran it myself.

My old time was in the high 1:15's but after a few runs I was in the low 1:14's with errors! Running a F094S, BTW.

A clean lap would actually break into the 1:12's but would be really tough to do consistantly.

Tried the F686M, more power but I couldn't get it to behave to match your times.

walter

Yes, when I started racing on that track, I was in 1:18's all the time, however, the tight chicane after the tunnel and the last turn are what really make up time on that track if you get it right. I believe it was the 90's F1 car that I used, the one that looks like a mclaren-honda, with 740 Hp.

I didnt like the way that GT3 made Laguna Seca so forgivable, the corkskrew turn is way too smooth and easy, unlike that of GT2. I just hope that the next one will be a little more challenging.

Rogue230

GT2 Laguna?

ROFL! One time I hit the CorkScrew in the Venturi Atlantique. I literally did seven 360°'s!

I thought I'd never stop spinning! I still won though.

GT2 graphics weren't much compared to GT3 but I miss tracks like Tahiti Road and Grand Valley Short Course.

I'd say that the best tracks are:

Trial Mountain II
Rome
Laguna Seca
Grand Valley
Monaco

Its all about setup and several key corners at Monaco. You have to get the back straight perfect, as well as the chicane and turns 1-3. ITs a hellacious track, but of course you have to run it non-stop! Setup is tricky, but mine is dialed in. My record is 1:10.3XX, i'll post a pic.. I can lap 1:11's consistantly.. my little brother can lay 1:08's and 09's down lap after lap. Low 8's is his record, but 7's are doable for sure. I think the official record is high 6's or low 7's.. i'll post my car setup.