New section for "My F1 Design"

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.

Should Member Design Car Threads be given their own section?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 16

volarchico

New section for "My F1 Design"

I was thinking of this the other day, and the "F1 Teams section" question posed by the moderators has inspired me to ask: can the "My F1 design" threads all be moved out of the "Aerodynamics, chassis and tyres" section and given their own spot?

I feel like these threads clutter an otherwise technically relevant section. They are still good to keep around to see creative and unique designs from forum members, but they don't really relate to aerodynamic technical discussions so there is a lot of wading through "Mr. X's design" versus "Ms. Y's F1 car", etc in order to find the technical threads.

N12ck

Re: New section for "My F1 Design"

Yeah, I agree completely, I have my own thread for my car, and I felt aero chassis and tyres was the best forum to put it in, but i agree it would be better to have our own subforum :)
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

If you look in the Site announcements sub-forum, you will see that the moderators are already planning this, with a name something along the linesof 'Engineering projects'.

Don't worry, they say it's happening.
We might even get it during the site maintenance next Thursday, we'll see.

volarchico

jordangp wrote:If you look in the Site announcements sub-forum, you will see that the moderators are already planning this, with a name something along the linesof 'Engineering projects'.

Don't worry, they say it's happening.
We might even get it during the site maintenance next Thursday, we'll see.
Oh, oops! :oops:

I just went looking in "Site announcements" and couldn't find what you were referring to, but I'll trust it is there somewhere and I just missed it. I guess they already had my "good idea".

N12ck

I suggested it a while back :D
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

Gridwalker requested it here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4289&start=435

Steven
Owner

This is coming May 17. No worries