F1technical on mobile devices

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
hollus

Re: F1technical on mobile devices

In my iphone 4 i only got the tapatalk message once, chose cancel, and never saw it again. I don't have tapatalk installed and i didn't upgrade to the last version of the operating system, which came out after i got my phone.
Just in case it helps. (Written from my iphone).
Rivals, not enemies.

OTMC_1995

@cam, I have exactly the same problem. I was getting quite pee'd off about not being able to find the forum in the search tab and then when I find it, it doesn't work?
A great idea if they can get it to work properly..

painkiller

Same problem here on my ipad. The forum dont works on tapatalk.

I m her every day and i love to use tapatalk because its much easyer than with the browser.

Hope admins can help...

Thanks a lot.

Steven
Owner

Tapatalk temporarily disabled until another attempt to get it fixed.

jpmc

Tapatalk & F1 technical not working

Hello all,

Hope all is well. I have joined this community and I am really happy to be part of this as you all share a lot of interesting information. There seems to be a problem with tapatalk and this forum though as when I search for the forum on tapatalk it is found but cannot be added. I am not sure what's going on but it would be great if this issue can be addressed. Thank you and hope you all have a wonderful evening.

jpmc

Please fix tapatalk with this forum :( it would make things so much more enjoyable.

volarchico

I just got an announcement that Tapatalk version 2 is now released. Can we try again to make it work on F1T? Please let us know if this new version will fix the issues so I can get the new version for my phone...

aterren

I've been using tapatalk quite a bit lately for other forums and it is fantastic and a much better reading experience than web on iphone / ipad.

Unfortunately it seems the F1Technical only shows up in the paid version of tapatalk and even then there are errors when loading. Maybe because Tomba removed the tapatalk service but it didn't get removed from their site index.

tomislavp4

I cannot help but wonder, wouldn´t it be better to make a mobile-friendly website instead of using apps that not all of us have access to? You know, like most of the tech-blogs, they have a desktop site and a mobile site. That way all of us can enjoy it equally, no matter what device we might have.

I have also seen some amazing work with sites that adapt to resolution, Responsive Web Design-they call it. But I guess the latter is too much of a hassle to get done properly.

volarchico

Tapatalk is available to pretty much anyone who cares to download it for Apple or Android. Also, the reason this is done is because the whole forum structure here is not "hand built" so there wouldn't be any way for F1T to customize the m.f1technical.net website without getting new web software. If Tapatalk can do all that work for them, then why not?

tomislavp4

volarchico wrote:Tapatalk is available to pretty much...
Yes it is available for iOS and Android but what about Symbian? WindowsPhone? MeeGo/Maemo? Upcoming devices with Tizen and BootToGecko? My point was: if it is possible to do a mobile site, it would be better because everyone could enjoy it, not only users on iOS and Android. However, if what you say about the "structure" is true than I can see why an app would be the preferred solution :)

Cam

Tomba wrote:Tapatalk temporarily disabled until another attempt to get it fixed.
Hi Tomba, any luck with having another go getting Tapatalk to work?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Steven
Owner

It's on the list, I'll keep you posted ;)

fenix4life

Tomba wrote:It's on the list, I'll keep you posted ;)
If you need help for testing I can bring my tablet ;-)

jlsm51187

any news on when/if the forum will start working on tapatalk again? its the only forum i can't really access on the go, especially now that testing is underway. thanks!