F1Technical updated. What's new?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
jon-mullen

Re: F1Technical updated. What's new?

Have we always been able to use or is that new?
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

mep

Maybe its only me having this problem but when I want to log in and I go to the pull down menu on top of the page and then want to klick on the saved username the pulldown menu disapears.

raymondu999

I use a password storage tool too - 1Password on my Mac. I just login to 1Password and have it fill in my password even without drawing up the pulldown menu - and when I go to the pulldown, it's already filled out. (ie I didn't have to have the pulldown open to fill it) Did you try that?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

is anyone else not getting emails for topic updates?
"In downforce we trust"

Steven
Owner

jon-mullen wrote:Have we always been able to use or is that new?
Not new, it's been around for 4 years already
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5543
mep wrote:Maybe its only me having this problem but when I want to log in and I go to the pull down menu on top of the page and then want to klick on the saved username the pulldown menu disapears.
I use the same method as raymondu, but still, you can always use the normal login page by just clikcing on the login link ;)

i70q7m7ghw

Why do some people have +1 reputation and the ability to vote, and others do not? This system is only going to work if it's fair and everyone has an equal opportunity to use it. It's completely flawed if you let a small group of people use it first.

Martin Keene

What's happened to the view last unread post icon, or whatever it was, there used to be an icon that would take me back to where I was last reading a thread. Now I either get first post or last post, which means I have to remember where I was in the thread.

hollus

It just moved to the left of the thread title.
Rivals, not enemies.

strad

Well I have had a PM waiting in my inbox and without any form of notification it could have been there for a year. :roll:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

flynfrog

Diesel wrote:Why do some people have +1 reputation and the ability to vote, and others do not? This system is only going to work if it's fair and everyone has an equal opportunity to use it. It's completely flawed if you let a small group of people use it first.
Those people have posted something that others found technical and interesting. This also keeps new members voting for their favorite driver in fanboy posts.

strad

hold it hold it...IF everybody has zero so HOW did anyone get rated high enough to vote?
I can't vote up anyones posts so just where did those people get scored anything but zero.
This doesn't make sense to me. And yes I've read the FAQs
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

mx_tifoso

I'm not sure if anyone has voted as of yet, but Tomba did the initial upvotes to get it going. This was based on interesting TECHNICAl posts that deserve certain merit and recognition.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

strad

Ahh As I thought...mod preference...already with the thumb on the scale. :roll:
Those people have posted something that others found technical and interesting
Yeah to the mods not necessarily to us. ;)
Tain't fair magee.
Sir Stirling Moss

mx_tifoso

:roll: Think of it what you will.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

strad

I think this way it give a preferential leg up to selected individuals...but hey if you think that's fair.
Sir Stirling Moss