F1Technical updated. What's new?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: F1Technical updated. What's new?

I'm sorry, but I still think this voting system is flawed. Remind me, why can't I vote posts down again? Because I can't vote posts down should I report them instead?

Steven
Owner

@Diesel: The post reporting function hasn't changed a bit and should be used as it was always used before. Inappropriate content, spamming or trolling should be reported to the mods so that we can handle it quickly.

Voting is a different story and allows for people to vote up what is valuable for people to read, and vote down what is not. That is also what the tooltips say when you hover over the upvote and downvote iconbuttons.

Downvoting is only possible once you have reached a minimum rep. I can only encourage you to post interesting, founded stuff, and you will see your rep go up.

All mods have also been voting up and down posts, resulting in a lot of people now being able to vote.

strad

. Downvoting requires a higher reputation. .
And just what is this magic number??
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

xpensive

Try this one for size strad.

Plesae don't use it on me whatever you're thinking.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Steven
Owner

Since you ask, minimum rep to downvote is 25.
It can change though, just like any other variable in the system, depending on intermediate evaluations.

xpensive

Tomba wrote:Since you ask, minimum rep to downvote is 25.
It can change though, just like any other variable in the system, depending on intermediate evaluations.
The latter has incidentally been duly noted lately. :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bhall

Why is anything posted in the off-topic forum eligible for votes? The nature of off-topic discussions pretty much dictates that comments are going to be all over the place, therefore it's really just a matter of taste as to whether or not someone finds those comments helpful.

mep

In the older version of the front page it was possible to see the name of the last user who left a comment in a specific topic next to the latest forum topics. I really miss that because of two reasons:

1. By reloading the front page I was able to see if some new comment appeared in a specific topic I am interested in.

2. I often went to a topics when I saw that certain users wrote something in them

i70q7m7ghw

I guess it's time to share the voting love :wink:

joeyg02

+1 and -1 on comments within new threads.

Tifosi moved my post, and I have all the information I asked already explained here.

Thanks,
Joey Griffin
Last edited by joeyg02 on 28 Jun 2012, 22:22, edited 2 times in total.
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

mx_tifoso

Tomba wrote:Since you ask, minimum rep to downvote is 25.
And a +1 to be able to upvote other people's posts.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

mx_tifoso

mep wrote:In the older version of the front page it was possible to see the name of the last user who left a comment in a specific topic next to the latest forum topics. I really miss that because of two reasons:

1. By reloading the front page I was able to see if some new comment appeared in a specific topic I am interested in.

2. I often went to a topics when I saw that certain users wrote something in them
Mep, this was covered a while back, but I will explain quickly.

The reason as to why the usernames have been removed from the homepage thread list is to remove any prejudgement when deciding to read a thread. There are other ways to have a list of threads with usernames and all but I will let you figure it out. :)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

flynfrog

mep wrote:In the older version of the front page it was possible to see the name of the last user who left a comment in a specific topic next to the latest forum topics. I really miss that because of two reasons:

+1

Steven
Owner

flynfrog wrote:

+1
If you want the full information, there's this brilliant page:
:arrow: search.php?search_id=active_topics

flynfrog

Tomba wrote:
flynfrog wrote:

+1
If you want the full information, there's this brilliant page:
:arrow: search.php?search_id=active_topics
yes but when I click on the Banner at the top of any page it doesn't take me there.