Lotus E20 VD

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
N12ck

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

How does that DDRS work, how is it activated, it looks like the Fducts of old!
Budding F1 Engineer

issues4

mx_tifoso wrote:
issues4 wrote:isIt might be just me, but i honestly don't think lotus have a DDRS in the sense that merc has one...ie with tubes allegedly stalling the front wing as well to balance the car better. ...
It was just mentioned on this page that it isn't for the front wing. Everything leads to another method to blow the rear wing along with the moveable flap up top.

P.S. That paragraph was a little painful to read.
yes..i see...and i was typing before that was posted sorry. maybe you should have stopped reading when it started hurting?...feel free to remove it :?

korzeniow

N12ck wrote:How does that DDRS work, how is it activated, it looks like the Fducts of old!
That essentialy is what it is, I think. The F-Duct not the DDRS.
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

N12ck

I need an image of the whole of raikkonens cars back end from the front,
Budding F1 Engineer

stefan_

Here's one from the back -> click me <-
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mike

familiar?

N12ck

mike wrote:Image
familiar?
nope, I dont think it is like that at all :lol:
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

Like I need to see the full back end looking from the front :D
Budding F1 Engineer

alogoc

THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

.poz

It looks like there is a small hole there....

An Fduct that auto engage over a fixed value of air pressure/car speed ?

Owen.C93

I'm sticking to my guns and saying that that big tube at the rear is for gearbox/kers cooling after they had to move the second radiator from the sidepods to above the gearbox due to the DDRS tubes they have to run through the sideods like Merc.
Last edited by Owen.C93 on 20 Jul 2012, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

f1316

korzeniow wrote:
N12ck wrote:How does that DDRS work, how is it activated, it looks like the Fducts of old!
That essentialy is what it is, I think. The F-Duct not the DDRS.
Well, yes, there's a similarity but with two important differences:

1) Doesn't require the driver to do anything (other than open the DRS which is the stated exception in the rules; this is the loophole which makes it legal)
2) It will only make a difference when the DRS is opened, which makes it much more useful in qualifying than the race. The F-Duct was used everywhere, whenever they wanted.

N12ck

I am telling you, you are all looking at the wrong thing, it is not as simple as what you all think with the rear wing (it is not a simple f duct) :lol: I am waiting for one photograph, and when I see that photograph, I can confirm what I think it does,
Budding F1 Engineer

Huntresa

Well it can blow the FW from RW and then the new 2 ducts above the driver is just for extra cooling for moved radiator as Owen said, or the new ducts lead air to the RW when something is activated or somewhat and all other times lead air thru the big hole.

Also if they blow the RW, are they blowing thru the big holes in the mainplane then ? Since you cant slit or slot the plane as in 2010.