2012 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Teechnical

Re: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

However, someone just posted on the F2012 forum one off the cars has to change the gearbox.
Oops.
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

mx_tifoso

^^ What a misleading post, as the gearbox change for Alonso is nowhere near certain. It was wondered what low oil pressure at the end of the last race meant for the gearbox? From that, two options were considered; change with penalty or normal end of life change interval.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

mx_tifoso wrote:^^ What a misleading post, as the gearbox change for Alonso is nowhere near certain. It was wondered what low oil pressure at the end of the last race meant for the gearbox? From that, two options were considered; change with penalty or normal end of life change interval.
Low oil for the gearbox doesn't mean anything definitive IMO. They build them tough these days. Remember Spa & Monza 2009? Barichello's gearbox caught fire in Spa and it was fit enough to win Monza.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso

raymondu999 wrote: Low oil for the gearbox doesn't mean anything definitive IMO...
That's what I'm saying! :lol:

But they're not all that tough, considering how many gearboxes Sauber went through last year and then how many we've seen changed this year so early on.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

mx_tifoso wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: Low oil for the gearbox doesn't mean anything definitive IMO...
That's what I'm saying! :lol:
I know - I was agreeing with you. I was just quoting your post to show that it was still in the same line of conversation! :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

Chuckjr wrote:Bumpy track won't bode well for the granite front end of the Macca.
It worked well for them last year.
If rain, FA will smoke the field...again. :mrgreen:
I'd tend to agree, untless McLaren's supposedly rain focussed updates do a *lot*.

Nando

latest weather report,

Mogyoród,

So it looks like we might see Inters out on Sunday but apart from that it looks like a nice steady weekend.
For once i´m glad actually, 2 wet qualifyings is a bit of an anti-climax when you want to see Mclaren RBR Ferrari all fight for pole position.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

silversurf3r

beelsebob wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:Bumpy track won't bode well for the granite front end of the Macca.
I'd tend to agree, untless McLaren's supposedly rain focussed updates do a *lot*.
I hadn't heard about any "rain focused" upgrades, where you hear this? They could certainly do with one!

beelsebob

silversurf3r wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
I hadn't heard about any "rain focused" upgrades, where you hear this? They could certainly do with one!
Sam Michael asserted after Hockenheim that they would be bringing upgrades to Hungary, Spa and Singapore in the hope of both improving the car, and particularly its performance in the rain.

simieski

beelsebob wrote: and particularly its performance in the rain.
When was this announced? In a recent article on Autosport Sam Michael is quoted as saying there will be upgrades at Spa and Singapore, along with a Monza specific package. Later on in the article he goes on to say that there might not be any quick fix solution for the issues they are having with wet/intermediate tyres.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101464
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Chuckjr

Is....uh...sorry....What updates are Ferrari bringing to Hungary and will they use that stellar looking new front wing they have been teasing the world with for the last few race weekends? [-o<
Watching F1 since 1986.

Mr Alcatraz

Has there been any rumors as to who will do podium interview, Zsolt Baumgartner perhaps? :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

Chuckjr wrote:Is....uh...sorry....What updates are Ferrari bringing to Hungary and will they use that stellar looking new front wing they have been teasing the world with for the last few race weekends? [-o<
Try the Ferrari car thread, maybe? :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Chuckjr

Quali:
1. Alonso
2. Hammy
3. Button
4. Vettle
5. Kimi
6. Webber

Race:
1. Alonso
2. Kimi
3. Button
4. Vettle
5. Webber
6. Gros

Starting on dirty side in Hungary is a bad time--I think I'd rather start 3rd than 2nd its so bad. I think if Ham starts on dirty side, with as poor a starts as he has, it will not be good - a pit stop may save or screw him. Hopefully he has some good on track battles as he is fun to watch in a race. I think Button likes the updates a lot and will be a strong force in Hungary and will match or pass Hammy in the race. RB seems to be fickle right now, so my gut says with the rule clarification and simply the fact that other teams are really at their speed now, it will not pan out so well. Kimi is one heck of a starter and claims they have found a sweet spot on dry settings so hoping that's the case. Would love to see him or Gros win this one--that would be almost as good as FA winning.

What is the pit stop overall time penalty in Hungary? I can't remember if it's a lot or a little.
Watching F1 since 1986.

icemanchay

Chuckjr wrote:
What is the pit stop overall time penalty in Hungary? I can't remember if it's a lot or a little.
Loss time for a Pit stop = 15 seconds (average/low)
Total time needed for pit stop: 19 seconds