2012 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
N12ck

Re: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

has the engine mapping issues had an effect on the bulls?
Budding F1 Engineer

SpliT

N12ck wrote:has the engine mapping issues had an effect on the bulls?
Vettel on medium was +0.829s off to Lewis on soft. The difference between compounds is propably +0.7s. And it was raining.

Mestrades

clipsy1H wrote:
Mestrades wrote:Mercedes is totally lost
why you say that? Car it's ok i'm more optimistic after practice.
Totally OK? Mercedes is 1 second behind the top teams with option tyres and fuel empty car, their strong point the first part of the season has disappeared. I predict that tomorrow one of them will not enter on Q3 and the race pace will be pathetic.

morefirejules08

SpliT wrote:
N12ck wrote:has the engine mapping issues had an effect on the bulls?
Vettel on medium was +0.829s off to Lewis on soft. The difference between compounds is propably +0.7s. And it was raining.
Why would changing the engine map back to pre Germany specs hinder RBR when they only used it in one race? They were fast before they started using it and its not like the car is designed round it like it was with the blown diffuser last year.
Maybe If they had been running it from the beginning of the season and just now been told to stop it then it could be a factor but i just dont think it is an issue right now

zyphro

Mestrades wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:
Totally OK? Mercedes is 1 second behind the top teams with option tyres and fuel empty car, their strong point the first part of the season has disappeared. I predict that tomorrow one of them will not enter on Q3 and the race pace will be pathetic.
Post the laptimes then, would you also happen to know fuel loads etc...?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mestrades wrote:Mercedes is totally lost.......Totally OK? Mercedes is 1 second behind the top teams with option tyres and fuel empty car, their strong point the first part of the season has disappeared. I predict that tomorrow one of them will not enter on Q3 and the race pace will be pathetic.
And Red Bull are 0.8 seconds behind. does this mean they are lost too?

How do you know what fuel loads they where trying or which programmes they are running? You sit there and shoot from the hip like you have all the answers.....its laughable.
More could have been done.
David Purley

zyphro

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Mestrades wrote:Mercedes is totally lost.......Totally OK? Mercedes is 1 second behind the top teams with option tyres and fuel empty car, their strong point the first part of the season has disappeared. I predict that tomorrow one of them will not enter on Q3 and the race pace will be pathetic.
And Red Bull are 0.8 seconds behind. does this mean they are lost too?

How do you know what fuel loads they where trying or which programmes they are running? You sit there and shoot from the hip like you have all the answers.....its laughable.
I'm not very optimistic, but, I have to agree. Doom-mongering ftw eh.

raymondu999

Hembery is quoting 8 tenths as the difference in pace between prime and option
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

dxpetrov

Vettel did his lap on very used primes, at the end of their life, so the lap is very good and I can say the RB is in very good shape. Also, all FP1 times of RB8 were set without using DRS as they were simulating the race conditions.

clipsy1H

Mestrades wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:
you are so funny...... in Monaco Lotus dominated Friday practices and Michael take pole. EPIC.... Mercedes have problems on race pace and they need to recover 0.500 not 1 sec.

zyphro

clipsy1H wrote: you are so funny...... in Monaco Lotus dominated Friday practices and Michael take pole. EPIC.... Mercedes have problems on race pace and they need to recover 0.500 not 1 sec.
Yeah, I think they need to find a good balance then it'll be better.

marcush.

dxpetrov wrote:Vettel did his lap on very used primes, at the end of their life, so the lap is very good and I can say the RB is in very good shape. Also, all FP1 times of RB8 were set without using DRS as they were simulating the race conditions.
Then RedBull has dramatically changed their downforce philosophy as they run considerably less drag -last year Schumacher was the sole guy into 300kph in Practise/Qualy trap speed...last year Vettel at 292 /Webber 295 and even slower in Practise ..considering you won´t make use of full revs in practise sessions the trapspeed comes as a surprise

(I´m asuming they cannot shed that much drag without loss of massive downforce ..or were they so short geared ?

Mr Alcatraz

I realize that I may be the only peson that uses this as a reference, but Holy Kuala Lumpur Batman 90 degrees F with 100% chance of rain Sunday? Is anyone else getting these kinds of readings, and has Scuderia Alonso graduated from magic tricks to telekinetics :lol:
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/ ... X0002:1:HU
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

beelsebob

yr.no sayeth... rain during the race:

Mr Alcatraz

Which begs the next question, are McLaren relatively hard on inters, full, or both, and how should they aproach this race with dry hot running today and wet hot running tomorrow?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand