The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
adam2003

Re: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

Come on Alonso!!!!!!!!!!

vealio

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
maybe the car is ist just flying slightly above the tarmac now :mrgreen:

xpensive

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

I can see DiResta on the podium tomorrow.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

SeijaKessen

xpensive wrote:I can see DiResta on the podium tomorrow.
Dr Z: *gritting teeth* Norby...why is it every race I see Mercedes engines beating Mercedes cars WITH Mercedes engines?

Norby the Hutt: *stammers* But Dr. Z, we can use this for our marketing advantage! Mercedes engines are the best in F1! They somehow, some way, make it to the podium. Let's not quibble over what cars are getting there.

Dr. Z: *steaming*

Norby: Dr. Z, let's get a 2nd opinion! You're a doctor after all, and you know how important second opinions are.

Dr. Z: Fine, I'll indulge you this once...or maybe this is the 5th time.

Norby: Look who I've got here!

*Ron the Con pokes his head into the room*

Ron the Con: Ya know he's right Z, those engines Ilm---I mean Mercedes makes are great. After all, in spite of those 8 podiums with Peugeot-powered McLaren's we made the switch to an unproven engine because there were bags of Francs marks thrown in. Er wait, no it was Deutschemarks...wait well, ah er, wait which engines are we talking about again? Ah yes...you guys work for Mercedes. You guys make great engines!

Norby: See Dr. Z! Who better than Ron to tell us the value of the engines.

xpensive

SeijaKessen wrote: ...
Norby: See Dr. Z! Who better than Ron to tell us the value of the engines.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if that last part would turn truer than anyone could imagine next year?

I mean, we all know what's going to happen tomorrow, MGP will be completely lost in the race, losing an average half a second + per lap and the Stuttgart suits will all have their Italian holidays ruined?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:Ideally, he'd shutter the Brackley-based team as it's proven itself to be a veritable cave where intelligence apparently goes to die. At the very least, he'd relieve of duty those who've failed to learn from both the team's history and each other. Barring those outcomes, he might not stick around for too long, because the team appears to have trouble recognizing a single solution for anything. I can imagine him clutching his chest and crying to the heavens, Redd Foxx-style, "Ya hear that, Socrates? I'm comin' to join ya." (That last bit might just be because I'm weird, though.)

Sound about right?
Oh now, Ross would never allow that to happen.

After all, living the life of Ross Brawn is tough, and he wants to face the challenges of daily life...

*The alarm clock rings, and Ross groans at the early morning sound. He looks over at the alarm clock. Then he reaches out to hit the off button, and in the process knocks over the pictures of the three kings on his nightstand*

"Ahhh, we've still got 3 weeks till Monza."

*the Beatles Baby You're a Rich Man begins to play on the radio*

*Ross feels the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. He springs out of bed, grabs his MGP fleece, pulls it on, and steps outside. Standing outside on a beautiful Tuesday morning, he feels the sun radiating warmth down upon his face*

"Time do that thing I always do!"

What do you want to be?
And have you travelled very far?
Far as the eye can see.
How does it feel to be
One of the beautiful people?

*Ross opens the door to the local Santander branch and steps up to the counter*

"How may I help you Mr. Brawn?"

"Well I'd like to see my current balance. I need to make sure my retirement funds are looking quite good. After all, with the economy the way it is, one can never be too careful!"

*cute blonde bank teller giggles and snorts*

"Aw Mr Brawn, don't worry so much, you'll be ok. Things are tough, but that's why Mercedes pays you the big bucks!"

*slides bank statement across to Ross*

"There you go Mr. Brawn."

*Ross looks down and sees another zero attached to his total, his eyes roll back into his head in orgasmic bliss*

Baby you're a rich man,
Baby you're a rich man,
Baby you're a rich man too.

"Well have a good day ma'am, I've got to go come up with some plans to keep the pension payments flowing into the account."

*sends a text to Norby*

Ross text: How's the bank account looking pal? Mine looks fantastic!

Norby text: Incredible...scheisse, I wish we could get paid like this forever. We need at least one more year out of MGP!

Ross text: I'm working on it...going to announce upgrade package at Monza for Singapore...should get everyone's hopes up.

Norby text: Fantastic, I will tell Dr Z things are improving...about to go in to his office now...ttyl :D

*Ross skips out of the bank and kicks his feet together in midair*

clipsy1H

zyphro wrote:
clipsy1H wrote: Michael will retire at end of this season and nobody can change his decision.
Do you have proof of this? If not, stop reporting it as if it is a fact.
what proof you need? why do you think he said "i didn't take any decision?" If you belive that means you are naive. He didn't want to put pressure on Mercedes ! they need time to choose next driver but yes keep lie yourself :D

Vasconia

clipsy1H wrote:there are a lot fans who will not accept reality .... Michael will retire at end of this season and nobody can change his decision.
All people blame Eddie but they don't want to face reality ... time in F1 for Michael its over. all teams try to find a driver for 2014 and Micheal can't stand in circuit for another 2 years.
he had to retire last year because he should know this car can't fight for championship but he preferred to continue because he wanted to win at least one race cuz he didn't want to remain a black spot in his career
Sorry but this is bullshit. If MIchael is going to retire this season, why is he waiting to say anything new until october? for me, and for the majority, the reason is clear, he wants to see if the team is capable of building a competitive car for the rest of the season, to finish this season with a fast car is the first, and most important step, to have race winner car in 2013.

And a guy who seriously thinks to retire dont travel to France in order to see how the updates of the car work. I havent see any other driver doing this, it is Michaels traditional commitment as its best.

clipsy1H

Vasconia wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:there are a lot fans who will not accept reality .... Michael will retire at end of this season and nobody can change his decision.
All people blame Eddie but they don't want to face reality ... time in F1 for Michael its over. all teams try to find a driver for 2014 and Micheal can't stand in circuit for another 2 years.
he had to retire last year because he should know this car can't fight for championship but he preferred to continue because he wanted to win at least one race cuz he didn't want to remain a black spot in his career
Sorry but this is bullshit. If MIchael is going to retire this season, why is he waiting to say anything new until october? for me, and for the majority, the reason is clear, he wants to see if the team is capable of building a competitive car for the rest of the season, to finish this season with a fast car is the first, and most important step, to have race winner car in 2013.

And a guy who seriously thinks to retire dont travel to France in order to see how the updates of the car work. I havent see any other driver doing this, it is Michaels traditional commitment as its best.
that's so funny! He already has three years with the team, so you think he need a couple of days to have a proof? he know by now w04 will be more competitive than w03. is normal to travel in France because he wants to know if this car can win a race until he leave
I also believe in Michael but he want to retire because know can't win another title even if he has a winning car!

Mika1

diego1960 wrote:We as fans for one don't deserve this. Just imagine his constant bitching and moaning if Mercedes fails to deliver a winning car which is the most probable scenario. Or the whole parade of "stars" through the garage every weekend, or Nicole Sch-whatever-her-name-is-ger smiling at the camera without even understanding what a racing car is, let alone terminology like DRS or "shark fin", or the stupid tweets that eventually will come once Lewis realizes that his mechanics are clowns flown in from a circus. Then the dad, don't forget the dad and the interviews etc. Jesus, now I'm the one bitching...
I think you should be satisfied, that such a class driver wants to join a team that didn't achieve anything after Brawn GP.
The boss follows me on twitter.

spadeflush

Vasconia wrote:

+1 His actions so far indicate that retirement is the last thing on his mind. If the updates work, there's no chance that he will retire, not when he is in the form that he is in. Indeed, if a car is fast towards the end of the season, it usually is fast at the beginning of the next season.
clipsy1H wrote: that's so funny! He already has three years with the team, so you think he need a couple of days to have a proof?he know by now w04 will be more competitive than w03. is normal to travel in France because he wants to know if this car can win a race until he leave
I also believe in Michael but he want to retire because know can't win another title even if he has a winning car!
Your reasoning amazes me. Lets leave it at that.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

Dragonfly

dave34m wrote:MS cannot mix with the top anymore but he wants really badly to feel the glory one more time so he can retire with all the credit he is due. Its time for him to go and he knows it that makes all the better for me. I hope he can at least achieve another podium but I dont think he can win a race, its not impossible but very unlikely. It would be like Jack Nicklaus winning the 1986 Masters. Oh what a great day that was.
Wondering what world you live in and what races you watch, if you watch races at all.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

clipsy1H

dave34m wrote:MS cannot mix with the top anymore but he wants really badly to feel the glory one more time so he can retire with all the credit he is due. Its time for him to go and he knows it that makes all the better for me. I hope he can at least achieve another podium but I dont think he can win a race, its not impossible but very unlikely. It would be like Jack Nicklaus winning the 1986 Masters. Oh what a great day that was.
exactly but here a lot of people don't accept the truth... but also i belive he can win 1 race :D maybe in Japan.

diego1960

I really think you should watch the races more carefully. This year, at age 43 he has outqualified and outraced Rosberg 6/7 times that he finished the race. In the only 2 GP's that Merc was a winning car, he had a 3rd place in Q which turned 2nd because of a penalty in China, and was comfortably second in the race, and a pole in Monaco. I mean what more should he do? In the other races the W03 was the usual dog we all learned to love (or not) but he still put in some nice drives. He is in F1 on merit and could have easily won in a McLaren, this is the fact.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

zyphro

Lol, he would've won in Monaco without the penalty - give him a reliable and competitive car and he'll deliver the goods. He's already shown this already this season: have you been watching at all? Seems not.