Landing page that shows selected threads only?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Cam

Landing page that shows selected threads only?

Mods - is it possible to setup a landing page that displays only the threads I want to see?

At the moment, one has to click around in and out of categories and scroll through copious amounts of topics that don't interest them, just to find the couple of threads one reads. If there was a method whereby one could choose a couple of threads and display those only when they log in (similar to the 'view new posts') - that would be a great feature.

Is it possible?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Greg Locock

Re: Landing page that shows selected threads only?

Good idea

Alternatively if one could flag threads to invisiblify them for oneself then that would be good (OK I made up that word).

Kiril Varbanov

While I'm not against the feature per se, as it saves time, but don't you guys think that you may miss some new interesting topic this way?

Greg Locock

My way is less destructive.

mx_tifoso

Without wanting to speak on Steven's behalf, I doubt this would be applied. In case you don't remember, the member names were removed from the front page listing in order to remove bias when seeing that there was a new post in a certain thread. The same thing goes for an "ignore" function; no go.

And if you only have a preselected amount of threads, as Kiril mentioned, how do you know that something new and interesting hasn't been posted elsewhere?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Cam

Kiril Varbanov wrote:While I'm not against the feature per se, as it saves time, but don't you guys think that you may miss some new interesting topic this way?
You would still always have the option of viewing new posts or browsing the board index, that wouldn't change. This is one page, as a member, that I could display only those threads I want on a regular basis. It would save a lot of time for regular reads. All other functions of the forum would remain.
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

mx_tifoso

What if you simply subscribe to the threads you want?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Cam

I guess it comes down to personal preference and the ability to customise. The 'view new posts' page is great and it's that kind of solution that would suit me better. Is okay if it can't be done. Was just asking.
― Socrates