What's the politics on paid stuff.

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Caito

What's the politics on paid stuff.

I would like to get some official answer about the forum's policy regarding paid stuff.

I'm refering to copy-pastes of recent(actual, less than 6 months old) articles that appeared on autosport plus(paid), racecar engineering, and others.

Is it allowed?

Bye!
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Richard

Re: What's the politics on paid stuff.

It does need to be within reason and make a constructive contribution to the to the forum:
  • Attribute the source
  • Link to the source
  • English language
  • Be selective - we don't want rumour spam
  • Make a comment about the item, ie the post is a constructive contribution to the conversation, not just a cut and paste.

WhiteBlue

Re: What's the politics on paid stuff.

I often copy stuff from Autosport because the links go dead after some weeks. But I try to bring the original quotations only and leave the redacting part out. That way you catch the important stuff without abusing the copy right. Typically other internet sites do it in a very similar form and indicate where the interview originally appeared first. So far I have not had any complaints. I would be careful if you copy stuff from Pitpass. They are real sissies with their content protection. Again I would quote just important sentences of interviewees or core statements of the article. Best practice in their case would be posting only links.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)