Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Aradea

Hi..

I'm Aradea. I'm a IT college student (kinda suck at it, should've taken economy) :D And I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I luv F1 since the first time BAR join the grid.. I luv BAR Honda cos I'm an Asian so I support Asian based teams ( I choose Honda) and cos my dad work at BAT.
I Think This site is great, everybody can talk about F1 and doesn't have to pay for it..
Keep Up the great work Tomba !! :D

wmm
wmm

Maybe it's best to introduce ourself

Hi
Im Wmm (Jason ) from Gozo, Malta. Im 17 and im studying Electrical & Electronics Engineering in one of the leading Colleges in malta. Im at the second year out of four/five.

My passion for f1 begins back in 1997 for Berger and Renault but suddenly I thought that McLaren is the best team to support and until today and I hope for my whole life remain a mclaren fan. Technical side of F1 is awesome and hugely interesting , with the help of this site and books that I bought im learning too much about it.

I have a soft spot for finnish drivers they are talented and fast, see Kimi (present) and the great M.HAKINEN.

I am collecting 1:18 F1 diecast models and by now I have 10, my aim is to reach 100 in a short time as possible, im building my own F1 library and collecting some F1 memorabilia too.

I am a McLaren fan but I love FORMULA 1 in general .

Always keep F1 in your life and in pole position.

F1guru
F1guru

I'm F1guru (Jeff). I have been a diehard F1 fan ever since 1999. I am from Oklahoma in the United States and I get up every other Sunday to watch grand prixes live at 7:00 a.m. on Speed. My favorite team is McLaren and my favorite driver is Kimi Raikkonen.

Monstrobolaxa

Well....I'm Joao (John) from Portugal I'm an aeronautical engineering student....I'm 20....well...been a Formula 1 fan since 1994...haven't lost a Formula 1 race since the Pacific GP 95.....due to the time diference I got all confused and woke up at the end of the race.

I build prototypes for a race called: Shell Eco-Marathon (France), where the objective is to run the maximum distance with a single litre of gas....well we're the smallest team in the paddock...just me and the driver....I started building these prototypes....so that I could try to get a curriculum to get into F1....learned alot with the "little cars"....I've built 3 but only 1 actually raced.....it's hard when you pay everything from your own pocket and have no sponsors.....at least I've been invited to design a prototype for 2 universities.....but refused cause I love my privateer team.....at least I know what Minardi faces.....we have a $2000 US budget....while the biggest Portuguese team has around $90000 US....and the biggest portuguese team is an average team....Mazda also races in this race and they spend almost $400000 US.....at least they win! LOL

I was a Damon Hill Fanatic....was a member of his fan club....now i'm a Montoya fan....I collect die-cast models...I have 170- 1/43 and 21 1/18....and 2 transportes (1/43).....I have around 70 books......5 F1 paintings.....2 of them sighed by Damon Hill.....quite a few pics.....and autographed ones.....I've been a free-lance fotographer at private tests at the Estoril track here in Portugal.....dough we haven't had any since 2001.

If all goes well....in 2005 I'm going to take a single seater mechanics course in England....in 2006/7...I'll finish Aeronautics....and do a end o degree project about the Formula Student......then...work a few years in the aeronautical buisness.....if I don't make it in to racing......when I have enough money....a PhD in Cranfield.....then....who knows.....F1...hehehe

Irvingthien

Hi, i'm Irving Thien.
I'm student. I stated watching F1 in 199 when i attend my first F1 grandprix in the Malaysian Gp. I'm a McLaren fan and supported Hakkinen, now i support Raikkonen.
My ambition is to become an mechanical engineer

SpeedTech

Good to see someone as young as you Monstro with his goals set 8)
Good luck and keep it goin'

rodders47

Hi,

I'm Rod from Tasmania Australia. Once worked with Ralt cars in the UK building F3/F3000 cars, now just an avid motor racing viewer. Into Radio Control Model racing 1/5th cars, great fun and high adrenalin sport :D

LOVE Bathurst in OZ .... go Mark Weber Australia's new world champ in a couple of years !!!!

Oh I've been watching F1 on TV ever since it was first shown here in OZ and have never missed watching Bathurst since um 1960 something !!! geez I must be getting old :shock:
1/5th R/C car racing.. as good as it gets without the mega bucks

Jukebox

We've got a great bunch of members in here with many different level of background. I didn't mention of my occupation earlier.....telecommunications consultant here
Ferrari forever....

SKRAT

I'm Paul from Rochester, NY. Got into watching F1 last year b/c I work part-time using FLUENT's CFD code (noticed a few articles, started reading some mags, downhill from there...). I guess you could describe me as a part-time technologist, part-time product delivery engineer in the xerographic materials business (plain english: I make toner)

I'm not very good at CAD, but I'm getting better at using the meshing tools (the hardest part for me in CFD, along with waiting for convergence) and have designed several supersonic jet nozzles based on old NASA papers and various readings. I'm dreaming up some lunchtime projects of meshing and running some CFD on the CAD files I've seen floating about lately. (Props here to Rough_Wood and CFDRuss)

I've been reading how some people think the cars are getting more ugly looking, but aerodynamically they are quite beautiful things as they represent the convergence and delivery of high level engineering expertise in understanding what makes race cars go so damn fast.

Cheers,
Paul C

100cc

I'm Laury, originally from Rep of Ireland now living in Swansea, UK.
Main interests include Karting, Bikes, ANYTHING with an engine, all forms of motorsport from RC up to Truck Racing and everything in between.
At the moment I'm finishing a Motorsport Management Degree at Swansea Institute of Higher Education. Iv'e realised my true calling and I'm waiting to be accepted into an Engineering Degree at the same college. Also HGV driver.

Spencifer_Murphy

I'm Spencer, I am 17years old and I live in New Malden in Surrey in the suburbs of London. I am a college student studying Physics, DT, ICT & Sociology. I am fanatical about boxing aswell as F1, and I have been boxing for 7years now. I like to think I am very fit (My resting heart rate is 42bpm) and I exercise regularly.

I have been watching F1 since I was only two years old (Despite not understanding it at all lol) but I have actually been following it with an interest since 1992. I have been a Senna fan, a Mansell fan, a Hill fan, an Irvine fan, a Fisichella fan, a Sato fan (I'm not crazy...honest) and a Montoya fan. I guess I tend to like the drivers that drive by the seat of their pants...the real drivers drivers who drive with their heart...not with their head (Which sometimes isnt good lol)

With reagards to teams I have always liked Ferrari, Williams, Mclaren and Jordan. Nowadayz I also like BAR and Renault and I have a soft spot too for Jaguar.

I guess thats me.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

sharkie17

wow, i just now noticed this thread...

Hello, Im Rich from Texas about to move to Croatia to work :)
i've been a F1 fan since i first laid my eyes on one (Honda powered Mclaren with over 1000 hp!). I am a doctor, graduated from school in 2002. my undergradute degrees were in chemistry with minor in physics and math. Not an engineering type (thinkyou guys rock) but i can comprehend the basics. i will be in charge of my own clinics in Istria region of Croatia. If you are vacationing there, give me a shout!

oh yeah, im a huge Rubens fan and S. Ferrari fan. (Prost fan when he drove)

pompelmo

I'm Vani, from Lucija, Slovenia I study physics in Ljubljana!
I'm a big F1 fan for 10 years! I hope I'll be in F1 one day!! :)

stevegek

IN THE PROPER TRHEAD :P

Hey guys! Im new so a SHORT introduction Smile

OK my connection to racing:
F1 fan since I saw the first F1 car... (I was smaaaalllll)
I love to kart (with BDP RACING)
I love racing games
I got 3 radio controlled cars. (2 gaz powered and 1 electro... nice one!)

Other things about me:
I like to make movies.
I love modeling 3D
I've been Dutch champion shooting, havent done it since though lol.
I'm too be found at msn/pc's often.

For the rest, bit of a geek, but a happy one!

Saluté,

StevegeK (Steven) From the Netherlands!
Meep - Meep.

pompelmo

Hy!
I'm Vani (20) from slovenia! I'm strugling studying physics in University of Ljubljana :oops: I also "study" aerodynamics by my own 8)
My favorite team is Ferrari since I've started watching F1 (10years)
but I'm more satisfied to see others to win!